The Hanoi Department of Health has requested three eye hospitals in the city to suspend medical examination and treatment as their patient screening and reception do not comply with anti-Covid-19 protocols.
Ms. Tran Thi Nhi Ha, deputy director of the Hanoi Department of Health. Photo: HNP
Saigon – Hanoi Eye Hospital (located at 77 Nguyen Du street), Viet – Japan Eye Hospital (122 Trieu Viet Vuong street) and Hitec Eye Hospital (55 Ham Long street) did not guarantee safety in screening, channeling, and isolation when detecting suspected cases.
The information was announced Tran Thi Nhi Ha, deputy director of the Hanoi Department of Health, at a meeting between the municipal Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control with hospitals in the city on August 22.
Ms. Ha from the Hanoi Department of Health said that the inspection team of the Department of Health asked three hospitals to improve their anti-pandemic protocol and report to the department before September 1.
Inspections conducted at health facilities throughout the city as of August 21 showed that 34 hospitals in Hanoi are safe, other nine ensures safety at the minimum level and three are unsafe.
On August 18, the Hanoi Steering Committee on Covid-19 Prevention and Control asked hospitals in the city to practice social distancing and curb patient visit in order to prevent cross-infection.
The steering committee also requested health facilities to monitor and take measures to ensure safety and prevent high-risk patients from acquiring the virus, especially the elderly and people with underlying medical conditions.
The city’s Department of Health will handle hospitals that fail to meet the pandemic prevention and control requirements; remind or even request competent authorities to close the hospitals that do not comply with anti-pandemic measures.
As of August 22, Hanoi recorded 36 new cases of Covid-19, of which 11 were detected in the community, other 25 cases were imported and quarantined upon entry.
- Hospitals asked to tighten safety measures amid Covid-19 new cases
- Hanoi hospital reopens as one patient declared Covid-19 negative
- Medical staff sent to central region hospitals to treat COVID-19 cases
- HCMC: Nine hospitals to treat patients in quarantine
- COVID-19: 13 patients in critical condition
- HCM City steps up surveillance of COVID-19 transmission sources
- Da Nang will be closed Tien Son field hospital because of no Covid-19 patients.
- Medical establishments urged to give COVID-19 prevention the highest level of priority
- Danang field hospital closed as no new Covid-19 patients detected