Vietnam confirmed another 25 people infected with SARS-CoV-2 on August 13, taking the case count to 905, with more than half of infections found in the beach city of Danang where the virus reemerged three weeks ago.
The new infections included 14 in Danang, which continued to be the hardest-hit locality with 315 cases, and eight imported ones.
On the same day, three Covid-19 patients died due to pneumonia caused by coronavirus, end-stage renal failure, cardiovascular failure, hypertension, Type 2 diabetes, and multiple organ dysfunction syndrome (MODS).
The virus has appreared in the community in 15 cities and provinces which are Danang, Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Dak Lak, Lang Son, Bac Giang, Thai Binh, Ha Nam, Hai Duong, Thanh Hoa, Khanh Hoa, Dong Nai, and Bac Lieu.
The widespread outbreak has prompted the government and local authorities to take tough measures, including lockdown, social distancing, wearing face masks in public places, among others.
In the latest move, the northern province of Hai Duong has decided to put its head city under lockdown from August 14.
- August 18: Vietnam’s coronavirus caseload approaches 1,000
- August 8: Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally hits 789, more cases linked to Danang
- August 12: Vietnam reports 17 coronavirus infections, one in Hanoi
- August 23: Vietnam’s Covid-19 death toll rises to 27
- August 6: Vietnam reports 4 new Covid-19 cases, count hits 717
- August 11: Vietnam confirms 16 more Covid-19 cases
- August 9: Vietnam confirms 31 new coronavirus cases, 1 death
- August 10: Vietnam reports 14th coronavirus death
- August 10: Vietnam announces 4 coronavirus deaths, all with acute renal failure