NDO – VinSmart Research and Manufacturer Joint Stock Company (a member of the Vietnamese conglomerate Vingroup) announced a strategic cooperation agreement with Medtronic PLC on August 12 on the production of components for Medtronic ventilators.
It is expected that 50,000 units of ventilator components produced by VinSmart will be exported to the US and Ireland by the end of 2020.
Medtronic PLC is one of the world’s largest groups specialising in medical solutions, services and technology which provides healthcare solutions and services in over 150 countries across the world. Medtronic’s ventilator products are considered a survival device in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, in which an air blower is its core component.
Under the agreement, VinSmart has become a partner to manufacture air blower components for Medtronic ventilators from June 2020. The air blower component has been fully designed and developed by VinSmart and VinFast Manufacturing and Trading Company Limited (also a subsidiary of Vingroup) to meet global standards for export.
The first batch of air blowers produced by Vinsmart was exported in the first week of August.
Previously, Medtronic transferred the technology to Vingroup to produce PB560 ventilators. After three months of research based on the PB560 model, Vingroup has successfully developed the Vsmart VFS-510 ventilator with 70% localised components, including core and complex components such as air blowers, boards, circuits, and batteries. The product was licensed by the Vietnamese Ministry of Health and was exported to Russia, Ukraine and Singapore.
The participation in Medtronic’s component supply chain with absolute perfection and precision demonstrates the production capacity and technological level of VinSmart while marking Vingroup’s transition to a new level in the roadmap to becoming the leading industrial and technology group in the region.
- Vingroup starts mass production of ventilators
- Vinsmart ventilator approved by Health Ministry
- Vietnam’s Vingroup gives 2,400 ventilators to Singapore, Russia and Ukraine to aid COVID-19 treatment
- Vingroup presents ventilators to Russia, Ukraine and Singapore
- VinSmart produces smartphones for US mobile service provider
- Vingroup produces first 5G smartphones
- Vingroup to halt smartphone manufacture
- VinSmart produces first 5G smartphones
- VinSmart launches Vsmart Aris 5G smartphone