Patient No.867, a 63-year-old man, from northern Hai Duong province, had health checks-up at the Hanoi-based Central Military Hospital 108 on August 8 and then he came to his daughter’s home in Hanoi’s Thanh Tri district.
A day later, he was examined and admitted to Thanh Nhan hospital with severe pneumonia.
On August 11, test results conducted by the Thanh Nhan Hospital and the Hanoi Centre for Disease Control showed that he was positive to novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 that causes COVID-19.
Meanwhile, all 13 other patients are linked to the disease hotspot in central Da Nang city.
Vietnam has so far recorded 880 infection cases, including 321 imported ones and 419 community transmissions since July 25.
The same day, a patient was given the all-clear from the virus at Da Nang Lung Hospital, raising the total number of recovery cases to 400, or 45.5 percent. There have been 17 fatalities so far.
As many as 134,248 people who had close contact with COVID-19 patients or entered from pandemic-hit areas are being quarantined across the country, including 5,365 in hospitals, 24,180 in other concentrated quarantine establishments and 104,703 at their homes./. VNA
- Two new COVID-19 cases confirmed, 26 patients recover
- Four more local infections of COVID-19 confirmed on August 19 evening
- Vietnam confirms 12 more COVID-19 infection cases on August 1 morning
- Vietnam reports seven new COVID-19 cases on August 18 morning
- Another 30 COVID-19 cases confirmed on August 2 evening
- Five new COVID-19 cases reported in Da Nang city
- Vietnam confirms 34 more COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam confirms 28 new Covid-19 cases, total increases to 586
- Vietnam confirms 22 new COVID-19 cases, two deaths on August 13