NDO – The first four COVID-19 patients in Da Nang have been confirmed as recovered from the new outbreak in the central coastal city on Monday (Aug 10).
They are Patients 423, 424 and 442 from Da Nang City and Patient 441 from the central province of Quang Ngai.
Two of the patients are health workers at Da Nang Hospital, which was a hotspot in the new COVID-19 outbreak, having tested positive on July 27. The two others cared for relatives at the hospital and tested positive two days later.
All have made a full recovery and were released from Da Nang Lung Hospital this morning.
They are the first patients to recover amongst those undergoing treatment at medical facilities nationwide since Vietnam reported its first COVID-19 community transmission case in several months in Da Nang on July 25.
Doctor Le Thanh Phuc, Director of Da Nang Lung Hospital, said that his hospital arranged coaches to bring the four patients home where they will continue to be isolated and monitored locally for two weeks under the management of medical staff as prescribed.
According to the Da Nang Department of Health, the city is currently treating 242 COVID-19 patients. So far there have been dozens of patients who have tested negative for the coronavirus between one and four times.
The Da Nang Lung Hospital is currently providing treatment to 58 patients, of which, eight had their first negative test result for the SARS-CoV-2 virus, five had the second, four had a third and two have had a negative result for the fourth time.
At the Hoa Vang District Health Centre, 11 COVID-19 patients have also tested negative for the first time amongst the 184 with the disease being treated there.
As of 2 pm on Monday, Vietnam has confirmed a total 841 of COVID-19 cases, including 317 imported ones. Among them, 384 cases are related to the Da Nang outbreak.
The latest recoveries bring the total number of those free from the coronavirus in the country to 399.
However, two more fatalities in relation to COVID-19 were confirmed early this morning, raising the country’s total death toll to 13.
According to Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Truong Son, the two departed were both women residing in Da Nang – Patient 430, 33 years old, and Patient 737, 47 years old – both had been suffering from end-stage chronic kidney failure, heart failure and hypertension before being confirmed with a COVID-19 infection.
* On Monday morning, Dong Nai Province General Hospital lifted a blockade for its Oncology Department after 14 days of quarantine since its head, doctor L.Đ.N, was confirmed as having contracted COVID-19 and now is in quarantine and being treated at Dong Nai Lung Hospital.
A leader at Dong Nai General Hospital gives flowers to patients undergoing treatment at the hospital’s Oncology Department after the lockdown was lifted. (Photo: NDO/Thien Vuong)
According to the Dong Nai General Hospital, regarding doctor N, known as Patient 669, there have been 100 medical staff, patients and patients’ family members identified as close contacts in relation to the doctor. The hospital also took COVID-19 testing samples from more than 500 isolated cases, medical staff and patients showing signs of cough and fever. All of them were negative for SARS-CoV-2.
Since the morning of August 10, all medical examination and treatment activities at Dong Nai General Hospital have returned to normal with tightened measures to prevent and control COVID-19 there.
* On Monday afternoon, the Department of Health of Dak Lak Province announced that all 400 cases in close contact with three local COVID-19 patients had their first negative test results and are in good health.
Currently, the local health sector is still monitoring their health and will continue with a second test before they finish their 14-day quarantine.
The treatment area for COVID-19 patients at Dak Lak Tuberculosis and Lung Hospital.
Regarding the three COVID-19 patients who are undergoing treatment at the Hospital of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease in Dak Lak, doctor Chau Duong, the hospital’s director said that Patient 448, a 21-year-old female student returning from Da Nang has tested negative for SARS-CoV-2 twice, while the health of Patients 601 and 602 is progressing well, with neither cough nor fever.
* On Monday morning, the Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control in Dong Thap Province announced that all 131 Vietnamese citizens repatriated from Singapore were negative for SARS-CoV-2 after their first tests.
On August 7, Dong Thap put the 131 citizens into quarantine, before taking their samples and sending them to Pasteur Institute in Ho Chi Minh City for COVID-19 testing.
They are among 309 passengers on a repatriation flight from Singapore to Can Tho Airport earlier. These citizens will continue to be quarantined and monitored for 14 days according to regulations.
- Four patients in Da Nang recover from COVID-19
- Only two COVID-19 patients undergoing treatment in Da Nang
- Another five COVID-19 patients in Da Nang recover
- Ten more patients in Da Nang recover from COVID-19
- More COVID-19 patients recover, including 10-year-old girl
- Seven COVID-19 patients discharged
- Da Nang sets up more field hospital for COVID-19 treatment
- 34 more patients recover from COVID-19
- Seven more COVID-19 patients discharged from hospital in Da Nang
- Another 12 COVID-19 patients in Da Nang, Quang Nam given all-clear