According to the 1 / 2,000 planning report, Cai Mep Ha logistics center has a scale of over 1,760 ha, including 4 main subdivisions. The project is invested by Geleximco Group.
Recently, the leaders of Ba Ria – Vung Tau province had a meeting to listen to the planning report of 1 / 2,000 Cai Mep Ha logistics center.
According to the plan, Cai Mep Ha logistics center has a total area of 1,763 ha, including 4 main subdivisions: Cai Mep Ha logistics and port center downstream (984 ha); luong water area, water area in front of wharves (456 ha); clean energy zone (198 ha) and potential harbor water area (125 ha).
According to estimates, the investment in infrastructure and port construction is estimated at VND 19,336 billion. Divergent investment in logistics areas, infrastructure investment from 2021-2030 and investment in Cai Mep Ha downstream port area from 2021-2040.
Mr. Nguyen Hong Linh, Secretary of the Provincial Party Committee, said that this project is of great significance in the development of seaports and logistics, one of the important economic spearheads of Ba Ria – Vung Tau province.
In addition, the Provincial Party Committee Secretary suggested the Provincial People’s Committee and the consulting unit to consider and study to include in two transport systems, including the road from the Center via Lam Son Logistics Area and the helipad.
Along with that, the provincial People’s Committee should pay attention to the source of sand leveling needed to implement the project. The evaluation and selection of investors also need to comply with the provisions of law.
Earlier in September 2018, Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung assigned the People’s Committee of Ba Ria – Vung Tau province to guide the Hanoi General Import Export Joint Stock Company (Geleximco Group) on procedures for investment, land lease, land allocation and actual currently investing in building Cai Mep Ha logistics center.
(Source: Ba Ria – Vung Tau Newspaper)
- European investors eye $984 mln logistics center in Vietnam
- HCMC Trade Dept asked to research locations for three major logistics centers
- Hai Phong conducts logistics system development planning
- Ba Ria – Vung Tau to develop modern seaports, logistics services
- US$28.6 million proposed for railway investment to improve logistics
- Long An International Port to have more wharves
- Construction of VND3.8 trillion logistics centre starts in Vinh Phuc
- Egyptian localities wish for closer ties with Vietnam in port services, logistics
- Central city calls for $2 billion investment in 2021-25