It is expected that Samsung Vietnam will start construction of the supernatant of the Research and Development Center in Hanoi in mid-October 2020.
The new R&D center has a total investment of about 220 million USD. (Photo: Samsung Vietnam)
On the morning of September 23, at the headquarters of the Ministry of Construction, Deputy Minister Le Quang Hung had a meeting with the General Director of Samsung Vietnam Complex Choi Joo Ho.
At the meeting, Mr. Choi Joo Ho said that Samsung is now speeding up the implementation of the project as planned, has completed the verification of the technical drawings of the supernatant work and submitted the application to the Ministry of Construction . In addition, the piling work for the underground part is expected to be completed by the end of September 2020.
It is expected that Samsung Vietnam will start construction of the superstructure of the Research and Development Center (R&D) in Hanoi in mid-October 2020.
Deputy Minister Le Quang Hung affirmed that the Ministry of Construction will create favorable conditions for the development of Samsung Vietnam Complex, including the construction, completion and early operation of the R&D Center in Hanoi.
“Currently, the contents related to the appraisal of technical design of the supernatant work have been completed by the Ministry of Construction, in order to soon facilitate Samsung Vietnam to accelerate the project as planned” Mr. Hung emphasized.
According to the previous announcement of Samsung Vietnam, the new R&D Center has an investment scale of about 220 million USD with a total construction area of 11,603 m2, floor area of 79,511 m2. The building is designed with 16 floors, 3 basements and is expected to be completed by the end of 2022.
It is expected that when put into operation, the center will increase its human resources from 2,200 people to 3,000 people. This mall was the first building built by Samsung Electronics overseas. At the same time, this is the largest scale R&D center among FDI enterprises in Vietnam.
The construction of a new R&D center was implemented after two meetings between Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc and Vice President of Samsung Group Lee Jae yong in 2018 in Hanoi and 2019 in Seoul, Korea.
Source: vietnambiz.vn – Translated by fintel.vn
- Samsung heir to visit Vietnam this week to discuss possible investment plans
- Samsung Vietnam to receive further support, PM said
- ‘Samsung Prince’ visits Vietnam, plans to build a battery factory for electric cars
- Samsung will build a research and development center in Hanoi
- Samsung denies moving part of Việt Nam smartphone production to India
- Samsung heir to seek business opportunities in 3-day Vietnam trip
- Samsung executive to visit Vietnam for investment expansion plans
- Samsung to shift operations to Vietnam after ending Tianjin TV production
- PM urges Samsung to invest in semi-conductor manufacturing plant in Vietnam
- Samsung helps Vietnam train 200 molding technicians