VANCOUVER, BC, Oct. 25, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- MiniTool Software Limited has just released MiniTool ShadowMaker 4.0, a major update to this Windows backup software. This new release has a brand-new user interface (UI) and user interaction. It optimized the interface display of Home, provided quick access to manage backups, and fixed some bugs.
New User Interface and User Interaction
MiniTool Software has redesigned the user interface and user interaction in MiniTool ShadowMaker 4.0. The background of the software interface becomes dark black. Additionally, the ribbon menu of this data backup software has been moved from the top to the left. This is in line with the user's operating habits on Windows systems.
Optimized the Display of Homepage
The homepage of MiniTool ShadowMaker 4.0 has great improvements. In this new release:
- There are 2 panels on the upper part of the software homepage. By default, the right side displays the computer's system information. The backup source is displayed on the left and users can click each drive to view information such as file system, capacity, used space, and available space.
- The lower part contains 3 panels. The left panel lists the last backup created and offers a choice to directly go to the Backup page. The middle panel allows users to start a new task by clicking the Back Up Now option. And the right panel shows the numbers of drive backup images and file backup images, and users can click Restore Now to enter the Restore page.
This new design offers quick access to the created tasks and helps users quickly initiate a backup or restore, which is more user-friendly.
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
The bug fixes in the new version 4.0 of MiniTool ShadowMaker mainly focus on restored images, sync source editing, and schedule settings.
- Fixes the bug that images restored could not be opened successfully.
- Fixes the bug that a single file could not be selected when editing the sync source.
- Fixes the bug that Schedule Settings failed to keep users' selected options.
Source: MiniTool Software Limited