CAMBRIDGE, Mass., ROTTERDAM and SUZHOU, China, Oct. 20, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Harbour BioMed ("HBM", HKEX: 02142) announced that, it has successfully completed the dosing of first patient in the global phase I trial of B7H4x4-1BB bispecific antibody HBM7008 in the United States. This study will evaluate the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and preliminary anti-tumor activity of HBM7008 in patients with solid tumors.
HBM7008 is generated from Harbour BioMed's unique and innovative HBICE® platform, leveraging the advantages of the HCAb and H2L2 platforms. It targets Tumor-Associated Antigen (B7H4), mediated crosslinking T cell activation through 4-1BB. B7H4 is overexpressed on a variety of solid malignancies, including breast, ovarian, endometrial, and non-small cell lung cancers. With its crosslinking dependent specificity on tumors and potent immune modulation activity, HBM7008 has shown excellent safety profile with strong anti-tumor efficacy in the pre-clinical study, including completed response observed in the mouse tumor model.
"We are pleased to have completed the first patient dosing of B7H4x4-1BB in the U.S., marking another milestone to lead next-gen immuno-oncology therapeutics innovation in global market. Following our global innovation and development strategy, Harbour BioMed will advance the global clinical development project of HBM7008 at full speed to provide a novel, effective and safe treatment for patients." said Dr. Jingsong Wang, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Harbour BioMed.
HBM7008 is a bispecific antibody targeting Tumor Associated Antigen B7H4x4-1BB that not only displays high potency in the T cell co-stimulation and tumor growth inhibition, and potentially may also translate to better safety due to its strict dependency of TAA-mediated crosslinking T cell activation. HBM7008 is one of the fully human bispecific antibodies developed from the HBICE® platform of the Company. It is the only bispecific antibody against these two targets globally. Its unique specificity on tumors and immune modulation activity makes it a promising therapeutic in PD-L1 negative or PD-1/PD-L1 resistant patients. It also has the potential to avoid 4-1BB liver toxicity risk observed in other products with the benefit of its innovative biology mechanisms and bispecific design.
About Harbour BioMed
Harbour BioMed (HKEX: 02142) is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to the discovery, development and commercialization of novel antibody therapeutics focusing on immunology and oncology. The Company is building its robust portfolio and differentiated pipeline through internal R&D capability, collaborations with co-discovery and co-development partners and select acquisitions.
The Company's proprietary antibody technology platforms Harbour Mice® generate fully human monoclonal antibodies in two heavy and two light chain (H2L2) format, as well as heavy chain only (HCAb) format. Building upon the HCAb antibodies, the HCAb-based immune cell engagers (HBICE®) are capable of delivering tumor killing effects unachievable by traditional combination therapies. Integrating Harbour Mice®, HBICE® with single B cell cloning platform, our antibody discovery engine is highly unique and efficient for development of next generation therapeutic antibodies.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/harbour-biomed-announces-dosing-of-first-patient-in-phase-i-trial-of-b7h4x4-1bb-bispecific-antibody-in-the-united-states-301654592.html
Source: Harbour BioMed Related Stocks: HongKong:2142
- Harbour BioMed Announces IND Approval for B7H4x4-1BB Bispecific Antibody
- Harbour BioMed Announces IND Clearance for B7H4x4-1BB Bispecific Antibody by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Harbour BioMed Announces Upcoming Poster Presentations at the 37th Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer Annual Meeting
- Harbour BioMed to Present the Latest Progress of Next-Generation Anti-CTLA-4 Antibody HBM4003 at 2022 ASCO Annual Meeting
- Keymed Biosciences Announces Dosing of First Patient in Phase I Trial of Bispecific Antibody CM350
- Harbour BioMed to Announce 2022 Interim Results on August 31, 2022
- PNAS Published Preclinical Results of Harbour BioMed's Next-Generation Fully Human Heavy-chain Antibody Porustobart
- Antengene Announces First Patient Dosed in the PROBE-CN Study of ATG-101 (PD-L1/4-1BB Bispecific Antibody) for the Treatment of Solid Tumors and Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Abbisko Therapeutics Completed Dosing of First Patient for Its First-in-Class Highly Selective FGFR2/3 Inhibitor ABSK061