SHANGHAI, Oct. 10, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Dada Group (NASDAQ: DADA)'s Dada Now is a leading local on-demand delivery platform in China, which has created massive job opportunities in recent years through its flexible employment model, playing an important role in stabilizing employment and fostering economic development. Based on research and survey conducted around the platform's riders and pickers, Dada Now released the "2022 Dada Now Flexible Employment Report" elaborating on these achievements.
The report shows that in 2021, there were more than 3 million riders newly registered with Dada Now, with most mainly based in first-tier cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Shenzhen. About 13% of the active riders were able to buy a house or a car, and more than 40% of the riders think that their life has been significantly improved while working with Dada Now. The top three reasons why they chose to become a Dada Rider are: flexibility with time, more pay for more work, and higher income per order. Many of the riders supplement their other income by working part-time for Dada, with this group comprised of both white-collar and blue-collar workers.
Dada Picking, a digitized order picking solution based on a crowdsourcing model, has served supermarket chains like Walmart China, SEVEN FRESH and Carrefour. This model has resulted in a significant number of part-time picking jobs, covering a radius of 3 kilometers around each store. As of now, over 40,000 people have worked as a crowdsourced picker for Dada Now. Among these people, 25% are students, 15% are full-time mothers, and women account for about 80%. For the latter group, joining Dada Picking has provided a flexible option for balancing work and family.
Here are some more highlights from the report:
- Over half of the riders and pickers are in first-tier cities
The report shows that riders and pickers are mostly working in Shenzhen and Guangzhou.
- 70% of riders are married with children, and 13% of riders have purchased a car or house
The report shows that the average age of Dada riders is 37.4, with the post-80s generation comprising the main force of riders. 70% of the riders are married with children; among them, 36% have one child and 33% have two.
Meanwhile, post-90s and post-70s generations account for similar proportions in riders. More and more members of younger generations are choosing Dada Now as their "first step" in entering society.
- Three key words: Professionalism, humanity and flexibility
The report shows that Dada Now attracted a large number of workers in secondary and tertiary industries. Most part-time riders are white-collar and blue-collar workers.
From riders' perspectives, flexibility with time is the most eminent advantage. Additionally, many riders cited more pay for more work as a significant benefit.
In order to deliver in a safer and more efficient way, the platform has continuously improved the operation of the dispatching system. More riders feel "optimistic" and describe the feeling of "being respected," compared to last year's survey.
- 22% of the riders have received higher education
Riders with a college degree or above account for 22%. The platform also provides training programs covering every aspect of the delivery fulfillment process for riders. About 55% of the riders say they have formulated a clear personal development plan through the trainings.
- Caring for the well-being of Dada riders
The platform has invested efforts to create a friendly delivery environment for riders. Based on current services, Dada will roll out more projects focused on providing care for the riders, including more welfare and skill trainings incorporated into the daily operation of rider stations.
Meanwhile, Dada will strengthen communications between the platform, merchants, and riders, providing more diversified services and benefits for riders.
In addition to focusing on caring for the riders, Dada Now also actively engaged in providing support to riders' families. Educational programs were launched to support riders and their children.
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dada-now-created-job-opportunities-for-3-million-riders-and-40-000-pickers-in-past-year-301644524.html
Source: DADA GROUP Related Stocks: NASDAQ:DADA
- Dada Now on WAIC: AI brings better efficiency and customer experience for on-demand delivery
- Beat the Heat: Ice Cream Sales Surge on JDDJ and JD.com's Shop Now
- Over 80 out of top 100 supermarkets in China 2021 are accessible on JDDJ and Shop Now
- JDDJ Teams Up with 150,000 Stores to Boost Sales of Agricultural Specialties
- Dada's first quarter 2022 updates: Q1 revenues up 74% YOY on comparable basis, net profit margin significantly improved
- Dada Group doles out 100m yuan in coupons to support consumption amid Shanghai Shopping Festival
- Dada Group's JDDJ fulfilled the first order in JD618 Grand Promotion, and saw sales surge
- JD PLUS now includes Shop Now benefits
- Dada Now's open platform for autonomous delivery honored at logistics summit