ISHINOMAKI, Japan, Sept. 29, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The Reborn-Art Festival Executive Committee is pleased to announce details of the second term of the Reborn-Art Festival (*) 2021-22. Marking the tenth anniversary of the Great East Japan Earthquake, the third edition of the festival is held over two separate periods in consideration of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Under the theme of "Altruism and Fluidity," the Reborn-Art Festival is organized in two terms, summer 2021 and summer 2022 (till Oct. 2).
At a time when the globe is once again assailed by new uncertainties caused by a disastrous war, the Committee aspires to present a new world vision never seen before by sharing a wide range of artistic expressions.
(*) Reborn-Art Festival:
Mainly held in Ishinomaki City, Miyagi Prefecture, the Reborn-Art Festival is a comprehensive festival of art, music, and food. Based on the concept of "Reborn-Art" as a means of living, it started in 2017 in the area devastated by the Great East Japan Earthquake.
Message from Takeshi Kobayashi, Chair, Reborn-Art Festival Executive Committee:
The word "altruism" might lose its meaning once it is explicitly stated. COVID-19, now in its third year, is still pushing us into unknown territory. The Reborn-Art Festival is taking place again, I believe, in order to feel all forms of life and connections to the source of life, and to find new perspectives beyond these difficulties.
Photo: Takeshi Kobayashi, Chair, Executive Committee
Reborn-Art Festival 2021-22 Second Term Overview
- Period: August 20 (Sat.)-October 2 (Sun.), 2022
- Venue: Ishinomaki City (Central Ishinomaki, Memorial Park area, Watanoha) and Oshika Peninsula (Momonoura-Oginohama, Ayukawa), Miyagi Prefecture
- Hours (JST):
Ishinomaki City area: 10:00am-5:00pm
Oshika Peninsula area: 10:00am-4:00pm on weekdays, 10:00am-5:00pm on Saturdays/Sundays
*Admission will close 30 minutes prior to closing time.
*Hours may differ depending on the facility and work.
Source: Reborn-Art Festival
- Huế Festival 2022 set for end of June
- Huế Traditional Craft Festival postponed due to COVID-19
- Host of activities await visitors at Hue Festival 2020
- Rehearsal held for opening ceremony of National Radio Festival
- The 2021 Bauhinia Flower Festival will take place between January and May
- The 2021 Bauhinia Flower Festival will take place between January and mainbsp
- HCM City Tết Festival 2022 opens
- Festival dedicates to Korean kimchi
- Hue Festival delayed to 2021 due to COVID-19