JAKARTA, Indonesia, Sept. 16, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The Ultra-Micro (UMi) Holding of PT Bank Rakyat Indonesia (Persero) Tbk. (IDX: BBRI) with PT Pegadaian and PT Permodalan Nasional Madani (PNM) have proven successful in improving people's welfare and accelerating financial inclusion.
The Ultra-Micro (UMi) Holding of PT Bank Rakyat Indonesia (Persero) Tbk. with PT Pegadaian and PT Permodalan Nasional Madani (PNM)
More than 23.5 million customers with IDR 183.9 trillion outstanding financing have been integrated by the UMi Holding entities. This achievement is in line with one of the priority agendas of Financial Inclusion in the G20 Presidency in Indonesia.
In August 2022, the integration of services of the UMi Holding entities or co-location of Gerai Senyum reached 1,003 outlets with the initial target of 978. The number of new savers reached 6.85 million, while the initial target was 3.3 million. PNM Mekaar customers joining BRILink reached 40,121.
BRI President Director Sunarso said that there have been positive results as BRI, Pegadaian, and PNM are reaching all business segments efficiently. "The key is to synergize. BRI, Pegadaian, and PNM have been focused on dealing with MSMEs, targeting 55 million ultra-micro customers in Indonesia."
In addition, with the assistance targeted to help individuals who are not yet bankable, customers are given the choice of accessing pawn-based capital through Pegadaian or taking loans from BRI through the Kupedes product.
The development is inseparable from the resources of the UMi Holding entities. BRI Group has a network covering 6,500 micro-outlets, 3,600 PNM outlets, 4,000 Pegadaian outlets, and more than 530,000 BRILink agents. Furthermore, BRI Group has more than 63,000 financial advisors strengthening the micro payment ecosystem.
Minister of State-Owned Enterprises Erick Thohir explained how the UMi Holding has empowered people's economy. "First, state-owned enterprises ensure MSMEs get appropriate financing and assistance. Second, maintaining the supply chain like how we consolidate BRI, PNM, and Pegadaian, ensures MSMEs level up from the ultra-micro class; through PNM's loan of IDR 1 million to IDR 4 million, going up to Pegadaian's loan of IDR 20 million to IDR 50 million."
The UMi Holding has proved that the state's presence is necessary to lift the people's economy and how large companies and corporations must synergize with all business actors.
For more information about Bank BRI, visit www.bri.co.id.
Source: PT Bank Rakyat Indonesia Tbk (BRI) Related Stocks: Jakarta:BBRI OTC:BKRKY
- BRI Collaborates with PT Castrol Indonesia to Provide Banking Services to Lubricant Distributors and Outlets
- BRI Becomes the Largest Public Company in Indonesia on the Forbes Global 2000 Ranking in 2022
- BRI and Telkom Collaboration Opens Financial Access for 5 million People in Two Years
- Strengthening Distribution, CCEP Indonesia Utilizes BRI's Corporate Billing Management and Distributor Financing Services
- BRI Continues to Empower MSMEs to Go Global by Bringing Their Products to the Tong Tong Fair
- Hong Leong Financial Group Named Malaysia's Best Managed Bank and Financial Holding Group 2022 by The Asian Banker
- Issuing IDR 5 Billion Green Bond, BRI Reaffirmed as Market Leader of ESG Companies in Indonesia
- 5G will boost financial inclusion in emerging markets in APAC
- Central bank launches action programme on financial inclusion