BEIJING, Sept. 8, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- A news report from China.org.cn on the Hundred Schools Fellowship Trip for Outdoor Sketch and Arts Collection on the "Belt and Road" — Dialogue in Gansu:
Artists pose for a photo in front of a nine-story pagoda at Mogao Grottoes.
Local and international artists found inspiration and enhanced communication through an activity held in Dunhuang, Gansu Province, northwest China, from Aug. 29 to Sept. 2. Dunhuang, an oasis city on the old Silk Road and a cradle of Buddhism in China, is a hub of East-West cultural exchanges.
The activity involved 18 artists from nine countries, including Russia, the United States, Canada, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Ukraine, Singapore, Panama, and China. During the five days, the artists visited the Mogao Grottoes, Mingsha Mountain, Crescent Spring, Dunhuang-Yangguan Pass, Western Thousand Buddha Caves, and Dunhuang Museum.
Through painting, they depicted and recorded Dunhuang's cultural and natural landscapes and conducted dialogue to enhance the understanding of the artistic value of Dunhuang and the universality and individuality of various countries in the arts.
This event was sponsored by the Publicity Department of the Gansu Provincial Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC), the Gansu Provincial Department of Culture and Tourism, and the Gansu Provincial People's Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries. It was organized by Northwest Normal University and the Gansu Artists Association, and co-organized by the Base for Passing down Chinese Excellent Traditional Culture "Dunhuang Art" in Northwest Normal University, the Theoretical Research and Creation Center of "Dunhuang Painting School" under the Publicity Department of the CPC Gansu Provincial Committee, the Academy of Fine Arts of Northwest Normal University, and art.china.cn.
International artists visit Silk Road city for inspiration
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/international-artists-visit-silk-road-city-for-inspiration-301620182.html
- Online exhibition features Vietnamese, foreign artists
- Xinhua Silk Road: 2022 World Canal Cities Forum held in Yangzhou, east China
- Artists realize ‘Green Dreams’ at exhibition in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City Fine Arts Association hosts silk painting exhibition
- CGTN: Xinjiang, a hub in Belt and Road cooperation
- 2022 Belt and Road Youth Sport Exchange Week was held in Nanjing, Jiangsu
- Xinhua Silk Road: New book reveals key archaeological discoveries at China's Shimao ruins
- 13th China-Japan-ROK Culture Ministers' Meeting kicks off in Qufu
- Xinhua Silk Road: Peach farmers in E. China's Mengyin embrace peachy lives