- Finishing touches to Battersea Power Station's iconic chimneys were made today in preparation for the public opening on Friday 14th October
- Battersea Power Station is set to become London's most exciting retail and leisure destination with the first of over 100 shops, bars, restaurants, office space and leisure venues opening
LONDON, Sept. 1, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Battersea Power Station announces today that it will open its doors to the public for the first time in history from Friday 14th October 2022. Electric Boulevard, a new pedestrianised high street, which runs from the south of the Power Station, between Frank Gehry's Prospect Place and Foster + Partners' Battersea Roof Gardens to the new Battersea Power Station Zone 1 Underground station, will also open on the same day.
Finishing touches being added to Battersea Power Station’s iconic chimneys in preparation for the public opening on 14th October 2022.
Simon Murphy, CEO at Battersea Power Station Development Company (BPSDC), said: "It has taken a lot of hard work, determination, and the continued commitment of the Malaysian Shareholders over the past ten years to bring Battersea Power Station back to its former glory. Announcing that we will be opening the building to the public for the first time in history in just over a month's time is a monumental moment for the project. We can't wait to welcome the first visitors, and show the local community, Londoners, and the rest of the world, the historic beauty of the Grade II* listed building, which has been transformed into London's most unique destination for all to enjoy."
The Power Station has been under the custodianship of the current shareholders, Sime Darby Property, S P Setia and the Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) since 2012, and during this time, the Grade II* listed building has been painstakingly restored to its former glory. In 2019, PNB and EPF became the long-term commercial asset holders securing the future of the landmark for many generations.
For the full press release, please visit:
For media enquiries, please contact:
T: +44 (0) 20 7062 1870
Source: Battersea Power Station
- Growatt's Infinity 1500 portable power station carries off 2022 Red Dot Design Award
- HCMC speeds up Cat Lai-Tan Cang power transmission line project
- NIKOTA Launches an Innovative Power Station META-2000 on INDIEGOGO
- The bodies of 13 members of the rescue team removed from the rubble of a landslide
- RoK’s power group keen to invest in local coal-fired power plant
- How floor of Hanoi subway station is concreted?
- Ongoing Nhon-Hanoi Railway Station Metro Project opened for visitors
- Nineteen victims of the Rào Trang hydropower plant 3 hospitalized
- Hanoi decides location of underground metro station