VEVEY, Switzerland, Aug. 25, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of its Global Youth Initiative, Nestle today launched the Nestle Youth Entrepreneurship Platform (YEP), a new digital platform for young innovators and entrepreneurs who want to learn new knowledge and skills, test an idea or grow their businesses, in areas ranging from food science and technology to the development of products and services – including regenerative agriculture and sustainable packaging.
The Nestle Youth Entrepreneurship Platform, a new digital platform for young innovators and entrepreneurs.
YEP brings together all Nestle's existing innovation initiatives and programs in one place. The platform gives young innovators access to The Nestle Entrepreneurship Academy plus dedicated programs to grow knowledge, learn new skills and gain experience. It also offers customized content and resources from specific geographies.
Stefan Palzer, Nestle CTO, said, "At Nestle we work with startups, entrepreneurs, innovators and researchers to drive innovation, bring good ideas to market fast and provide nutritious, sustainable and affordable products for a growing world population."
"Our new digital platform supports young people to bring great ideas to life across the food value chain, shaping the future of food!"
Key programs available on Nestle's Youth Entrepreneurship Platform include:
- Nestle R+D Accelerator: entrepreneurs can apply for challenges at one of Nestle's 12 Accelerators across the world, to focus on developing disruptive food and beverage innovations and bringing them to market in six months. Participants can work together with Nestle's R&D experts from around the world, such as food technologists, nutritionists, regulatory and food safety experts, designers and packaging experts. Each team also receives hands-on support from dedicated innovation coaches and mentoring from Nestle's senior management.
- Purina Unleashed: the first and only pet care program designed to identify and support innovative start-ups, focused on leveraging technology to improve the lives of pets and owners.
- Numerous Nestle market initiatives. For example, Ignite Ideas (Nestle Hellas) supports startups and individuals; Reto Culinario (El Salvador), is an entrepreneurial contest and TV show that showcases youth culinary innovation; CEO X Youth Connect (East and Southern Africa), enables young people to engage with CEOs of large companies active in Nestle's Alliance for YOUth.
According to the International Labour Organization (ILO), two out of every five young people are either unemployed or have a job that keeps them in poverty. For this reason, Nestle launched Nestle Needs YOUth in 2013. The company's Global Youth Initiative helps young people gain the skills they need to thrive in tomorrow's workplaces. Around the world, it has benefited more than 4 million young people across the three pillars, employability, agripreneurship and entrepreneurship.
Entrepreneurship can be a positive choice, a means of unlocking innovation, skills and energy to drive economic and social progress. Through the new platform, Nestle is encouraging this, and is investing in early-stage companies and helping young entrepreneurs to put their ideas into practice."
"Young entrepreneurs need guidance, support, and above all, opportunities and platforms where their voices can be heard and their ideas realized. This includes building their knowledge and skills, testing their ideas in real-life situations, getting feedback from their audiences and receiving support to take their concept to the next level" said Laurent Freixe, Nestle's CEO for Latin America and founder of the Nestle Needs YOUth initiative.
"The Nestle Youth Entrepreneurship Platform will help equip them with the skills, experience and mindset they need to kick-start their idea and business."
Access to the Nestle Youth Entrepreneurship Platform is free, presenting an attractive opportunity for young innovators to transform the future of food and collaborate with Nestle towards a regenerative food system at scale.
Would you like to develop your skills? Grow an idea? Gain experience? Check out the Nestle Youth Entrepreneurship Platform and discover the possibilities available.
Source: Nestle S.A.
- Nestlé Vietnam and Women’s Union team up to empower women
- Vietnamese man creates ‘special box’ app for youth
- The First Yunnan International Innovation & Entrepreneurship Competition (YIIEC) has Launched
- 150 Scholarships to Empower Pathways to STEM & Sustainability Education in Australia
- Digital competition promotes youth engagement in national digital transformation
- Young entrepreneurs startup incubator launched in HCMC
- JA Worldwide Inducts 2022 Laureates into the Global Business Hall of Fame
- Youths Dream Big in Qianhai Integrating into the Greater Bay Area
- Nestlé Vietnam receives two UN Women awards for advancing gender equality