SEOUL, South Korea, Aug. 16, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- J INTS BIO announced that the pre-clinical data of its novel, orally administered 4th generation EGFR TKI 'JIN-A02' was presented on the 8th of August, at the 2022 IASLC World Conference on Lung Cancer held in Vienna, Austria, during the official session entitled "Overcoming Resistance to EGFR Inhibitors".
Prof. Cho Byoung-chul, Director of the Lung Cancer Center at Yonsei Cancer Hospital, Korea, presented data which indicates that 'JIN-A02' targets NSCLC cancers harboring double or triple C797S mutations.
In-vitro and in-vivo data of 'JIN-A02' showed robust inhibitory activities against NSCLC cancer cell-lines harboring double and triple C797S mutations, with selectivity away from EGFR Wild Type, which is important for patient safety.
In addition, 'JIN-A02' also effectively reduced tumor volume in a dose-dependent manner, compared to Osimertinib, in mouse model harboring EGFR C797S triple mutation, showing high brain penetrance with efficacy. Prof. Cho ended his presentation by putting forth that JIN-A02 may be the Best-In-Class 4th generation EGFR-TKI against NSCLC.
About J INTS Bio
J INTS BIO is a bio company specialized in developing innovative anti-cancer and orphan drugs to realize the goal of changing lives and improving health for patients around the world. J INTS BIO's teams have prior multi-year experience in multinational pharmaceutical companies and CROs and track records in medical, regulatory affairs, drug discovery and development.
'JIN-A02' is a novel orally administered 4th Generation EGFR TKI targeting C797S mutations in NSCLC. Although 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Generation EGFR TKIs have been used with some success, recurrence occurs in most patients including 3rd Generation TKIs such as Osimertinib. Currently, there are no approved therapies for patients who developed EGFR C797S mutations due to the use of 3rd Generation EGFR TKIs and with the high propensity of these cancers to metastasize to the brain, there is an urgent need to develop an effective drug with high blood-brain barrier permeability. 'JIN-A02', a novel oral EGFR TKI, which is effective against C797S mutations and have a high brain penetrance, is therefore expected to become the most promising Best-in-Class 4th-generation EGFR TKI in NSCLC patients with limited or no viable treatment options.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/j-ints-bio-oral-presentation-of-preclinical-results-of-its-novel-oral-4th-generation-egfr-tki-jin-a02-at-the-2022-world-conference-on-lung-cancer-in-vienna-austria-iaslc-2022-wclc-301606231.html
Source: J INTS BIO
- JIN-A02, A Novel 4th Generation EGFR TKI selected for the European Thoracic Oncology Platform - A First for Korean Pharma.
- Bridge Biotherapeutics to Present Comprehensive Pipeline Updates at the 2022 BIO International Convention
- Akeso releases promising data of Ivonescimab (PD-1/VEGF BsAbs, AK112) for advanced NSCLC at ASCO 2022
- CStone presents updated results of a registrational study of sugemalimab in patients with stage III NSCLC via oral presentation at WCLC 2022
- Liver cancer on the rise in Vietnam
- Bridge Biotherapeutics Receives FDA Authorization to Proceed with Phase 2 Study of BBT-877
- CStone presents pre-specified overall survival data of sugemalimab for first-line treatment of stage IV non-small cell lung cancer at ASCO 2022
- CStone Announces the NDA Approval of GAVRETO® (pralsetinib) for the Treatment of RET Fusion-Positive treatment-naïve (first-line) and pretreated Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) in Hong Kong, China
- CStone and Pfizer announce NMPA approval of sugemalimab in patients with unresectable stage III non-small cell lung cancer