The rise in the volume of cyber threats due to remote work requirements is contributing to endpoint security needs, says Frost & Sullivan
SAN ANTONIO, June 29, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The changing landscape and significant surge in cyber threats have contributed to the high demand for endpoint security solutions globally, finds Frost & Sullivan's recent analysis. Endpoint security is the practice of using host-based software products to secure computing devices such as laptops and smartphones. The global endpoint security market will likely reach $31.1 billion by 2026 from $17.4 billion in 2021, registering expansion at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.3%.
Endpoint security ilustration
For further information on this analysis, Global Endpoint Security Growth Opportunities, please click here
"With the rise in the volume of cyber threats due to the pandemic and remote working requirements, the world witnessed a significant increase in endpoint security needs," said Sarah Pavlak, Security Industry Principal at Frost & Sullivan. "To mitigate attacks, endpoint security solutions—endpoint protection platform (EPP) and endpoint detection and response (EDR)—are vital as they help identify unprotected assets."
Pavlak added: "Adopting an artificial intelligence (AI)-based protection approach allows the identification of endpoints in need of updating and their associated risk levels. Further, wider AI adoption will incorporate self-healing endpoints and become more comprehensive during the next few years."
To reap the benefits of the growing endpoint security industry, market participants should:
- Develop an effective strategy for detecting and mitigating zero-day attacks. This should include a defensive plan with prevention technology and a response method for potential attacks.
- Consider implementing on-device AI/ML (machine learning) capabilities on endpoint agents to support detection capacity and deliver collective intelligence competencies.
- Focus on cloud-based endpoint security. It offers opportunities to extend product services, either on-demand or fully managed, and leverage Big Data for high-fidelity advanced threat detection.
- Incorporate mobile threat defense into endpoint solutions to secure endpoints and track device behavior to detect and stop malicious activity.
Global Endpoint Security Growth Opportunities is the latest addition to Frost & Sullivan's Security research and analyses available through the Frost & Sullivan Leadership Council, which helps organizations identify a continuous flow of growth opportunities to succeed in an unpredictable future.About Frost & Sullivan
For six decades, Frost & Sullivan has been world-renowned for its role in helping investors, corporate leaders and governments navigate economic changes and identify disruptive technologies, Mega Trends, new business models, and companies to action, resulting in a continuous flow of growth opportunities to drive future success. Contact us: Start the discussion
Global Endpoint Security Growth Opportunities
Source: Frost & Sullivan
- Fortinet Advanced Endpoint Security Blocks 100% of Malware in AV-Comparatives Real-World Protection Test
- Global Secure SD-WAN Solutions Thrive as Organizations Turn to Cloud and 5G
- Vectra Research: 85% of ANZ Security Leaders Think Outdated Security Approaches are Failing in the Face of Modern Cyber Threats
- Cyber-Security Operation Center debuts
- Vietnam to tighten cyber security
- First Cyber Security Academy to be built in Vietnam
- ASEAN – Japan cyber security drill held
- Buy Now, Pay Later Solutions to Unlock Growth Potential for B2B Companies
- Vietnam commits to ASEAN cooperation to ensure cyber security, safety