XI'AN, China, June 20, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- LONGi, the world leading solar technology company headquartered in Xi'an, China, has supplied Terrenus Energy with 19.2MWp high-efficiency solar modules. The project is designed and executed by Terrenus Energy, a leading solar IPP in Singapore.
LONGi Provides 19.2MWp PV Modules to Terrenus Energy at Singapore Changi Airport
Terrenus Energy was awarded SolarLand Phase 2 (SL2) by JTC Corporation. Operating near Changi Airport, SL2 makes use of state-of-the-art RE technology, including a first-of-its-kind containerized mobile substation which unlocks the near-instantaneous redeployment of the substation unit.
The original capacity awarded was 12MWp. LONGi's high efficient Hi-MO 5 series and Terrenus Energy's innovative project design, anchored by an advanced portable and compact mounting system, give SL2 one of the highest solar intensity profiles in the world. Terrenus Energy raised the total capacity to 19.2MWp, representing a 60% increase in energy density.
The project is expected to generate 23.9GWh of clean energy per year, reducing around 10,000 tons of carbon emissions.
Mr Charles Wong, CEO of Terrenus Energy commented: "Terrenus Energy is proud to complete such a landmark project in Singapore – currently the largest ground-mounted solar energy site in Singapore. Its inventive design optimizes clean energy generation, resulting in steeper cost savings and project returns."
"We are happy to have cooperated with Terrenus Energy in achieving a remarkable solar intensity profile for SL2." Dennis She, Vice President at LONGi Group, commented, "LONGi aims to develop the highest efficient module technology, and continue to provide great values for partners around the globe."
Founded in 2000, LONGi is committed to being the world's leading solar technology company, focusing on customer-driven value creation for full scenario energy transformation.
Under its mission of 'Utilizing Solar Energy, Building a Green World' and brand philosophy of 'Steadfast and Reliable Technology Leadership', LONGi has dedicated itself to technology innovation and established five business sectors, covering mono silicon wafers, cells and modules, commercial & industrial distributed solar solutions, green energy solutions and hydrogen equipment. The company has honed its capabilities to provide green energy and has, more recently, also embraced green hydrogen products and solutions to support global zero carbon development. www.longi.com/en
- LONGi Solar achieves a significant milestone with over 7GW of high-efficiency solar panels supplied to the Indian market, the highest for Mono-Crystalline.
- GCLSI Provides High Quality Solar Modules for the Ocean Sun Solution in Albania's Largest Floating Solar Project
- LONGi Hydrogen wins in the world's largest Green Hydrogen Project
- LONGi Founder and President Li Zhenguo advocates building a healthy planet for everyone's prosperity by providing clean, efficient and affordable energy at Stockholm +50 Conference
- IREX and Singapore partner to build solar power factory in VN
- LONGi showcases its extensive expertise in fighting against global land desertification through solar photovoltaic technology at UNCCD COP15
- Risen Energy Brings Latest 210mm-based Rooftop Solar Module to Intersolar Europe 2022
- Trina Solar keeps second spot for global module shipments in first quarter
- World’s largest solar energy group eye investment in renewable energy in Vietnam