CHENGDU, China, June 10, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Keymed Biosciences (HKEX: 02162) announced today that the first patient has been dosed in the Phase I trial of CM350. CM350 is a GPC3xCD3 bispecific antibody developed by the Company for the treatment of solid tumors. The phase I trial is being conducted to evaluate the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and preliminary antitumor activity of CM350 in patients with solid tumors.
Developed on Keymed's proprietary Novel T cell engager (nTCE) bispecific antibody platform, CM350 is the first GPC3xCD3 bispecific antibody to enter clinical development in China and the second in the world. GPC3 expression is rarely found in normal human adult tissues, but highly upregulated in a variety of solid tumors including hepatocellular carcinoma, lung cancer, gastric cancer and esophageal cancer, suggesting that GPC3 is an ideal target for the therapeutics of multiple solid tumors, especially hepatocellular carcinoma.
Preclinical studies have shown that CM350 could effectively kill GPC3-positive tumor cells by T cell-dependent cellular cytotoxicity (TDCC) and exert highly potent antitumor activity in mouse tumor models. Based on the advantages of the nTCE bispecific antibody platform, CM350 is optimized with highly effective tumor cell killing with favorable safety profile by minimizing non-specific effect on normal cells and cytokine release. Therefore, CM350 may provide a promising treatment option for cancer patients with better efficacy and manageable safety.
About nTCE bispecific antibody platform
Novel T cell engager (nTCE) is a CD3 bispecific antibody technology platform developed by Keymed with proprietary rights. Antibodies developed by the nTCE platform can effectively kill tumor cells by TDCC with minimized non-specific effect on normal cells and cytokine release, thereby reducing the occurrence of potential cytokine release syndrome in clinical treatment.
Antibodies developed by our nTCE platform have similar structures to native antibodies with favorite pharmacokinetic profiles. Through the sophisticated protein engineering technology, nTCE platform enables efficient pairing of cognate heavy/light chains of the bispecific antibody with high yield and low aggregation. Using our advanced nTCE platform, Keymed has developed a series of bispecific antibodies currently in the stages of preclinical and clinical development.
For additional information, please visit website: http://en.keymedbio.com/
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/keymed-biosciences-announces-dosing-of-first-patient-in-phase-i-trial-of-bispecific-antibody-cm350-301565671.html
Source: Keymed Related Stocks: HongKong:02162 HongKong:2162
- Harbour BioMed Announces IND Approval for B7H4x4-1BB Bispecific Antibody
- Nature Medicine Publishes Results from an Investigator-Initiated Trial of CARsgen's CT041 Claudin18.2 CAR T Cells in Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Biocytogen/Eucure Biopharma to Present Clinical Data from YH003 (anti-CD40 mAb) and YH001 (anti-CTLA-4 mAb) Trials at 2022 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting
- Harbour BioMed to Present the Latest Progress of Next-Generation Anti-CTLA-4 Antibody HBM4003 at 2022 ASCO Annual Meeting
- AffaMed Therapeutics Announces First Patient Dosed in the US Phase 1 Clinical Trial of AM712 in Retinal Disease
- Research Updates on KN046 Presented at 2022 ASCO
- Innovent Will Present Clinical Data of IBI110 (anti-LAG-3 monoclonal antibody) and Other Multiple Trials at the 2022 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting
- Antengene Announces First Patient Dosed in the Phase I STAMINA-001 Study of ATG-037 for the Treatment of Patients with Locally Advanced or Metastatic Solid Tumors
- Jacobio will Present Phase I Clinical Data of KRAS G12C Inhibitor JAB-21822 at the 2022 ASCO Annual Meeting