TOKYO, June 6, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- OriCiro Genomics, a pioneer in cell-free synthesis and amplification of genome-scale large DNA for advanced therapy and synthetic biology, today announced that it has closed Series B2 financing from Asahi Kasei Medical Co., Ltd.
OriCiro has advanced its business since its inception in December 2018 based on the company's proprietary, world's first cell-free cloning technology for large circular DNA for which conventional PCR methods are not applicable. Major milestones include the launch of our first product, OriCiro Cell-Free Cloning System, that enables cell-free amplification of large circular DNA which eliminates the reliance on E. coli cloning. In addition to the research reagents business, OriCiro strives for rapid growth by launching two new businesses: plasmid DNA supply for pharmaceutical use and a platform for therapeutic discovery.
Asahi Kasei Medical, an Asahi Kasei Group company, operates medical equipment/materials and pharmaceutical manufacturing process businesses. Through this investment, OriCiro intends to accelerate growth by leveraging expected synergies between both companies in the healthcare area. In addition to the existing investors, The University of Tokyo Edge Capital Partners (UTEC) and ITOCHU Technology Ventures (ITV), Asahi Kasei Medical is OriCiro's third investor and the first as a commercial enterprise.
"OriCiro Genomics' unique cell-free DNA technology has a tremendous potential for business applications, particularly in the healthcare sector, and we have made this decision of investment from a long-term and strategic perspective based on OriCiro's potential growth. We anticipate great synergies in the bioprocess business, one of our key areas." said Tomoyuki Miyabayashi, Senior General Manager, Head of Research and Business Development Division, Asahi Kasei Medical.
About OriCiro Genomics
OriCiro is focused on the development and commercialization of cell-free synthesis and amplification technology of genome-scale large DNA for applications in gene and cell-based therapies and synthetic biology. OriCiro's proprietary technology is positioned to unlock the possibility of advanced therapy and synthetic biology by providing a powerful tool used for research, development and manufacturing in multiple industries including pharmaceutical, diagnostics, agriculture and food sectors. The company is located in Tokyo, Japan.
Media contact information
Person in charge: Taro Mizuno
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oriciro-announces-series-b2-financing-to-advance-cell-free-dna-technology-for-innovative-therapeutics-and-synthetic-biology-301561517.html
Source: OriCiro Genomics K.K.
- Vietnam successfully clones pigs for first time
- ASCO | OriCell Therapeutics Announces Oral Presentation at 2022 ASCO Annual Meeting Detailing Results from Phase I POLARIS Study of OriCAR-017
- JW Therapeutics Presents Latest Data of Carteyva® at 2022 ASCO Annual Meeting
- OBiO Technology to Present Data on OVersatile™ Platform for Process Development of Herpes Simplex Virus and Vaccinia Virus Products at the 25th ASGCT Annual Meeting
- Nature Medicine Publishes Results from an Investigator-Initiated Trial of CARsgen's CT041 Claudin18.2 CAR T Cells in Gastrointestinal Cancers
- I Peace accelerates allogeneic iPSC-derived cell therapies with g high throughput method to identify a large number of donors with specific HLA haplotypes.
- Harbour BioMed to Present the Latest Progress of Next-Generation Anti-CTLA-4 Antibody HBM4003 at 2022 ASCO Annual Meeting
- HCMC wants to share Vero Cell vaccine with other provinces
- Funding for purchase of additional 20 million doses of Vero Cell vaccine approved