HONG KONG SAR - Media OutReach - 26 November 2021 - Business of Design Week (BODW) 2021, Asia's premier annual event on design, innovation and brands since 2002 organised by Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC), presents an exciting line-up of key panel sessions drawing on the theme 'Global Design Reset', signifying the need for fresh thinking, decisive leadership and collaborative creativity across disciplines as we continue to navigate in a state of flux under the new normal. Over 80 renowned brand leaders, design masters and entrepreneurs from various sectors in Hong Kong, Asia as well as overseas will inform and inspire audiences on how to look beyond the present as the world collectively moves into our post-pandemic future.
Hybrid programme simulcast online and streamed on ViuTV; Last chance to register for free online access
Over 80 speakers from leading innovative companies such as Animoca Brands, Archi-Tectonics, Cathay Pacific Airways, Christie's, Daikoku Design Institute, Epic Games, Elevate, FILA China, Heatherwick Studio, Herzog & de Meuron, Het Nieuwe Instituut, Jason Bruges Studio, JLL, Lenovo Group, Massive Change Network, MillerKnoll, MPlus Museum Limited, Power Station of Art, Refik Anadol Studio, Six Senses Hotels Resorts & Spa, Snøhetta, Studio Zhu-Pei, Tatler Asia Group, The Coca-Cola Company, The Landmark Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong, World's 50 Best Restaurants, Xiaomi, and many more
Following last year's success, the BODW 2021 Summit on 1 – 4 December will be held as a hybrid programme simulcast online, with selected sessions streamed on ViuTV, social media, and partner locations. The curated programme will explore eight main pillars of topics relevant to our society today, namely Brand Rejuvenation, Connected Health and Wellbeing, Creative Mindset & Innovation Leadership, Culture & the City, Designing an Intelligent Future, Hospitality with Purpose, New Urban Models, and Phygital Reality.
With the UK and ViuTV as strategic partners, BODW 2021: Global Design Reset aims to shine a light on how we can thrive amid crisis, co-create a sustainable future, and make meaningful impact through human-centred design and techology.
Among all online livestreamed panel sessions, those slated for live broadcast on ViuTV Channel 96 are:
- Keynote: How Design Changes the World (1 December, 8:15pm – 8:40pm) – Quality of life and respect for nature are complementary goals. Built projects that convey urban prosperity, sustainability, and human wellbeing can address the growing challenges of urbanisation. Here, world-renowned design guru Bruce Mau (Chief Executive Officer, Massive Change Network and Founder, Bruce Mau Design, US), talks about how designing for nature is synonymous to designing for success, with Dr Joseph Wong (Executive Director, Hong Kong Design Centre, HK) and Darren Chuckry (Chair HK of Marketing Society and Managing Partner of HK Initiative, HK) to moderate.
- Media Disruptions (1 December, 8:40pm – 9:20pm) – Moderated by Julia Clyne (Head of Media Sales & The Trust, APAC, at Dow Jones, HK), this discussion brings together media heavyweights, James Chambers (Asia Editor & HK Bureau Chief, Monocle, HK), Lofai Lo (Director & General Manager, ViuTV, HK), and Michel Lamuniere (Chairman & CEO, Tatler Asia Group, HK), to share insights on creative programming and the future of print, digital, and broadcast media.
- Future Mobility & Transportation (1 December, 9:20pm – 10:00pm) – With the advent of AI and IoT, we live in a world where seamless connectivity and autonomous navigation are fast becoming a reality. This panel gathers Paul Priestman (Designer & Chairman, PriestmanGoode, UK), Andrew Mead (Head of Architecture, MTR Corporation Limited, HK), and Edward Bel2021.bodw.com. Registrants can sign up to become a bodw+ member free of charge and enjoy full online access for BODW 2021.
- Hong Kong Design Centre Supports the Injection of An Additional $1 Billion into CreateSmart Initiative to Promote the Creative Industries in 2021-22 Budget Address
- DFA Hong Kong Young Design Talent Award 2021 Applications Now Open until 28 June
- Hong Kong Design Centre Names New Executive Director
- DFA Design for Asia Awards 2021 Opening for Global Submissions from 15 March
- DFA Awards 2021 Winners Announcement
- Industrial Designers Society of Hong Kong Recruit Local Talents for "ReMix · Yesterday’s Future, Invent Tomorrow!"
- Arup celebrates 45 years of transforming Hong Kong
- Design Spectrum of Hong Kong Design Centre Presents PLAY LIVES Exhibition
- PolyU fashion design graduates shines at Fashion Show 2021 in Campus – Creative responses to the "New Normal"