HONG KONG SAR - Media OutReach - 19 November 2021 - Reckitt and its brand Dettol Hong Kong are joining the inaugural Asia Summit on Global Health as the Official Hygiene Partner to keep protecting the health of the VIPs and visitors for guarding every important moment under the New Normal.
The connection between the planetary health and human health is increasingly clear. The Impacts of Climate Change on Health, the new review paper commissioned by Reckitt Global headquarter and published by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the Eco-Health Alliance, reveals that nearly 13 million deaths per year are related to environmental factors such as air pollution, infectious diseases and extreme weather. As the Official Hygiene Partner and Principal Partner of the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26), Reckitt is committed to address climate change and its impact on global health, with an ambition of achieving net zero by 2040. Since 2020, the Company's manufacturing sites in India, the US and EU are buying 100% renewable power. Reckitt actively collaborates with many organizations and leading brands worldwide, and the heart of our guiding principle to put consumers and people first will continue to power through different forms of partnerships and activations.
Therefore, Reckitt and its brand Dettol Hong Kong named Official Hygiene Partner for the inaugural Asia Summit on Global Health (ASGH). Jointly organised by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and the Hong Kong Trade Development Council, ASGH will be held at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre on 24 November in a hybrid format, offering both online and in-person participation. With the theme of 'Shaping a Resilient and Sustainable Future', the event will bring together senior government officials, influential business leaders, professional service providers, renowned academia and investors worldwide to exchange insights and explore business opportunities and partnerships. Dettol hand sanitising stations will be set up, and Dettol surface disinfectant products will be used to keep the public facilities clean. Hygiene and disinfectant products will also be provided to all participants.
"We are pleased to be the Official Hygiene Partner of Asia Summit on Global Health, provide hygiene protection solutions to industry leader and medical elites, as well as to create a safe environment for the discussion," said Boudewijn Feith, General Manager of Reckitt Hong Kong and Taiwan. "As one of the world's most trusted disinfectant brands, Dettol will continue to strive for protecting people's health and safeguarding every important moment under the New Normal."
 'Planetary Health Is Public Health'. Reckitt Official Website. https://www.reckitt.com/newsroom/latest-news/news/2021/november/planetary-health-is-public-health/
Reckitt* exists to protect, heal and nurture in the relentless pursuit of a cleaner, healthier world. We believe that access to the highest-quality hygiene, wellness and nourishment is a right, not a privilege.
Reckitt is the company behind some of the world's most recognisable and trusted consumer brands in Hygiene, Health and Nutrition, including Air Wick, Calgon, Cillit Bang, Clearasil, Dettol, Durex, Enfamil, Finish, Gaviscon, Harpic, Lysol, Mortein, Mucinex, Nurofen, Nutramigen, Strepsils, Vanish, Veet, Woolite and more.
Every day, more than 20 million Reckitt products are bought globally. We always put consumers and people first, seek out new opportunities, strive for excellence in all that we do and build shared success with all our partners. We aim to do the right thing, always.
We are a diverse global team of more than 43,000 colleagues. We draw on our collective energy to meet our ambitions of purpose-led brands, a healthier planet and a fairer society.
Find out more, or get in touch with us, at
* Reckitt is the trading name of the Reckitt Benckiser group of companies
The brand first started in hospitals 80 years ago, where Dettol Antiseptic Liquid was first used for the cleaning and disinfection of skin during surgical procedures. As a trusted brand by doctors, Dettol was also used to protect mothers from illness after childbirth.
Ever since then, Dettol has been trusted around the world to help prevent wounds from infection, prevent sickness and help mums protect their families by killing harmful germs and helping to create safe environments for them to thrive in.
The brand continues to be one of the most trusted protectors of health. It's still valued today as a reliable and effective product which is safe to use on skin but also powerful enough to use for environmental germ-killing tasks.
Dettol is world #1 Germ Protection brand. Dettol also ranked first in Sales Value (HK$) in the Hand Wash segment of Liquid Soap category in Hong Kong market for the 10-year period.
For more information, please visit:
- Dettol Crowned ‘Outstanding Comprehensive Health & Personal Care Product Brand’ at Health Partnership Awards 2021 in Hong Kong
- Reckitt, Makers of Dettol, Partners with Hilton Hotels in Hong Kong for Hilton CleanStay Programme to Ensure Enhanced Levels of Hygiene for Guests
- Reckitt Hong Kong Partners with Ngong Ping 360 To Launch "Smart Nature Explorer" Programme to uplift quality family time during the pandemic with HK$600 gift sets up for grabs
- AXA rolls out new global brand campaign to inspire confidence and progress Hong Kong selected as the first in Asia to unveil the creatives
- Reckitt Benckiser Launches The First "Hong Kong Wellness in Action Index" To Guide Citizens Taking Action On Their Wellness
- Sunlight Real Estate Investment Trust secures its Sustainability-linked Loan of HK$500 million from DBS Hong Kong
- SUNeVision Becomes Foundation Partner of Infrastructure Masons Hong Kong Chapter to drive Hong Kong’s digital future for all
- Mead Johnson Nutrition HK Launches "We CAN Protect the Future" – Formula Cans Recycling Program with HKTVmall and World Green Organisation
- AXA unveils Know You Can local hero video series in Hong Kong