SINGAPORE - Media OutReach - 11 November 2021 - AR technology company Niantic, Inc.（HQ: San Francisco, CA USA; CEO: John Hanke), the developer of the world's first and only scaled AR platform, has announced the release of the Niantic Lightship Augmented Reality Developer Kit (Lightship ARDK) to all AR developers around the world. Available at Lightship.dev, the company has also shared a glimpse of the possibilities this technology affords through its launch brand partners like Coachella, Historic Royal Palaces, Lifull, the PGA of America, Science Museum Group, Shueisha, Softbank, the artist JR and Superblue, TRIPP, Universal Pictures and Warner Music Group.
The Lightship Platform is the foundation for Niantic's products, built on years of experience developing and running titles ranging from Ingress to Pokemon GO and Pikmin Bloom. As part of the Lightship Platform, the ARDK is a cross-platform software development kit that runs seamlessly on billions of Android and iOS devices around the world. It brings together the tools and technologies that power the top three AR features — Real-Time Mapping, Understanding and Sharing — so developers can create unique AR experiences that seamlessly utilize some or all of the ARDK tools.
Niantic is also announcing the formation of Niantic Ventures to invest in and partner with companies building the future of AR. With an initial $20 million fund, Niantic Ventures will invest in companies building applications that share Niantic's vision for the Real-World Metaverse and contribute to the global ecosystem that they are building. To learn more about Niantic Ventures, go to Lightship.dev.
"Transforming humanity's relationship with technology by merging the physical and virtual worlds will require the ideas and perspectives of as many people as possible," said John Hanke, Founder and CEO of Niantic. "That's why we're so excited to open the vault of technology that powers our own games, so developers, creators and brands globally can build inclusive experiences that push the boundaries of what's possible in AR."
- Real estate tech company rolls out platform for finance, insurance, real estate
- Hindi-dubbed version of the latest Pokémon animated series "Pokémon Journeys" is now available on YouTube!
- The Viettel group launches the Viettel AI Open Platform
- Gaw Capital Partners Forms Partnership with Data Center First
- windeln.de SE: windeln.de launches WeChat Mini Program in China
- Angry birds 2 arrives on Appgallery
- Okta completes acquisition of Auth0
- Mr. Kok-Chye Ong Appointed as Managing Director, Head of IDC (ex-China) at Gaw Capital Partners
- TikTok Business launched
- Sentient.io Secures Real Tech Fund as Lead Investor in its Series B1 Round