- MIDNIGHT, headlined by Spackman Media Group artist Wi Ha-jun of SQUID GAME, received the Best Feature Award at the 13th UK Grimmfest Film Festival
- The Korean crime thriller film was released in Korea and online on 30 June 2021, and was streamed via Korean OTT platform TVING
- Other than SQUID GAME and MIDNIGHT, Wi Ha-jun also starred in webtoon film SHARK: THE BEGINNING (2021) and GONJIAM: HAUNTED ASYLUM (2018)
SINGAPORE - Media OutReach - 28 October 2021 - Spackman Entertainment Group Limited ("Spackman Entertainment Group" or the "Company" and together with its subsidiaries, the "Group"), one of Korea's leading entertainment production groups, wishes to announce that Korean crime thriller film, MIDNIGHT, headlined by Wi Ha-jun of MSteam Entertainment Co., Ltd. ("MSteam"), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Group's associated company, Spackman Media Group Limited ("Spackman Media Group"), won the Best Feature Award at the 13th UK Grimmfest Film Festival.
The UK Grimmfest Film Festival is one of the genre film festivals selected by MovieMaker Magazine, a world-renowned American publication focused on the art and business of filmmaking with a special emphasis on independent film. In the past, Korean films with distinct genres such as TRAIN TO BUSAN (2016) (directed by Yeon Sang-ho) and I SAW THE DEVIL (2010) (directed by Kim Ji-woon) had been invited.
MIDNIGHT is written & directed by Kwon Oh- seung and produced by Peppermint & Company. Spackman Media Group artist Wi Ha-jun plays the role of a serial psychopath killer in the film.
Previously, Wi Ha-jun starred in the original Korean series, SQUID GAME, the #1 show across over 90 countries including the US and Korea on Netflix. Through his role as Hwang Jun-ho, a policeman in SQUID GAME, Wi Ha-joon has emerged as an internationally recognized actor.
Other than Wi Ha-joon, MSteam also represents iconic Korean actress Son Ye-jin, who starred in hit romance drama CRASH LANDING ON YOU (2020), and top actress Lee Min-jung who won the Top Excellence Award at the 2020 APAN Star Awards.
Spackman Entertainment Group Limited ("SEGL" or the "Company"), and together with its subsidiaries, (the "Group"), founded in 2011 by Charles Spackman, is one of Korea's leading entertainment production groups. SEGL is primarily engaged in the independent development, production, presentation, and financing of theatrical motion pictures in Korea. According to Variety, Korea was the world's fourth largest box office market in 2019, behind only North America, China and Japan.
The Group also invests into and produces Korean television dramas. In addition to our content business, we also own equity stakes in entertainment-related companies and film funds that can financially and strategically complement our existing core operations. SEGL is listed on the Catalist of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited under the ticker 40E.
SEGL's wholly-owned Zip Cinema Co., Ltd. ("Zip Cinema") is one of the most recognised film production labels in Korea and has originated and produced some of Korea's most commercially successful theatrical films, consecutively producing 10 profitable movies since 2009 representing an industry leading track record. Recent theatrical releases of Zip Cinema's motion pictures include some of Korea's highest grossing and award-winning films such as CRAZY ROMANCE (2019), DEFAULT (2018), MASTER (2016), THE PRIESTS (2015), COLD EYES (2013), and ALL ABOUT MY WIFE (2012). For more information on Zip Cinema, do visit
SEGL also owns Novus Mediacorp Co., Ltd. ("Novus Mediacorp"), an investor, presenter, and/or post-theatrical distributor for a total of 79 films (58 Korean and 21 foreign) including ROSE OF BETRAYAL, THE OUTLAWS and SECRETLY, GREATLY, which was one of the biggest box office hits of 2013 starring Kim Soo-hyun of MY LOVE FROM THE STARS, as well as FRIEND 2: THE GREAT LEGACY. In 2012, Novus Mediacorp was also the post-theatrical rights distributor of ALL ABOUT MY WIFE, a top-grossing romantic comedy produced by Zip Cinema. In 2018, THE OUTLAWS, co-presented by Novus Mediacorp broke the all-time highest Video On Demand ("VOD") sales records in Korea. For more information on Novus Mediacorp, do visit
The Company owns a 100% equity interest in Simplex Films Limited ("Simplex Films") which is an early stage film production firm. The maiden film of Simplex Films, JESTERS: THE GAME CHANGERS (2019), was released in Korea on 21 August 2019. Simplex Films has several line-up of films including HURRICANE BROTHERS (working title).
- Rising Korean Star Wi Ha-joon Of MSteam, Wholly-Owned by Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, Stars in Korean Crime Thriller Film, MIDNIGHT, To Be Released Late June Or Early July 2021 In Korean Theatres and Online
- Rising Korean Star Wi Ha-joon Of MSteam, Wholly-Owned By Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, Stars In Korean Crime Thriller Film, MIDNIGHT, To Be Screened On Korean Theatres And Online On 30 June 2021
- Wi Ha-Joon Of MSteam, Wholly-Owned By Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, Stars In Webtoon Film SHARK: THE BEGINNING Expected To Be Released On 17 June Via Korean OTT Platform TVING
- Lee Min-jung Of MSteam, Wholly-Owned by Spackman Entertainment Group's Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, Selected as Brand Ambassador for Frombio’s Anti-Aging Brand, Mastina
- Son Ye-jin Of Spackman Media Group, An Associated Company Of Spackman Entertainment Group, To Star In JTBC's New Drama, 39
- Son Ye-jin Of Spackman Media Group, An Associated Company Of Spackman Entertainment Group, Selected As Brand Ambassador For US Skin Care Brand, Skinceuticals
- Spackman Media Group Artist Son Ye-jin Selected As Valentino’s Muse
- Son Suk-ku Of SBD Entertainment, Wholly-Owned By Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, Stars In Upcoming Sequel Film, THE OUTLAWS 2
- Han Ji-hyun of SBD Entertainment, Wholly-Owned By Spackman Entertainment Group's Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, Awarded Best Rookie Female Actor In The 2021 Brand Customer Loyalty Awards In Korea