Charity arm of Prince Group aims to be more strategic and investment-oriented in approach
PHNOM PENH, CAMBODIA - Media OutReach - 31 August 2021 - Prince Foundation, formerly known as the Prince Charitable Foundation, has announced the adoption of a new logo, a new name and a new vision statement – "Together, Building a Better Future for Cambodia". Prince Foundation is the charity arm of Prince Holding Group ("Prince Group"), one of the largest conglomerates in Cambodia, with its various units focusing on three core areas: real estate development, financial services and consumer services. Prince Foundation will be known in Chinese as 太子慈善 (translated as "Prince Foundation").
The rebranding exercise comes after an exhaustive review its past six years of high-impact philanthropic activities during which Prince Foundation conducted more than 250 charity events benefitting more than half a million Cambodians, with cumulative donations exceeding US$14 million. In line with the emerging trend among similar foundations in Asia – more charitable foundations in the region are seeking to become more strategic and investment-oriented in their approach – as such, Prince Foundation endeavors for its activities to be more holistic and closely integrated with Cambodia's national development goals.
"A new logo, a new vision statement and new processes have been introduced to signal our determination to create the right framework that can bring about necessary long-term sustainable and responsible societal changes," said Neak Oknha Chen Zhi (陈志公爵), Chairman of Prince Group. "Following the government's lead in driving economic development, human capital upskilling, improving gender equality, we felt it was important and timely to conduct a comprehensive review and chart a new roadmap for the future."
During the COVID-19 epidemic in Cambodia, Prince Foundation acted swiftly and came to the aid of Cambodia by donating 110,000 PPE and over US$1 million to vaccination and relief efforts in May. It came after Prince Group's donation of US$3 million to the Cambodian government's anti-pandemic efforts in March as well as a US$3 million donation by the Group to help Cambodia purchase 1 million COVID-19 vaccines at the end of the previous year. This year, Prince Group has won awards for its COVID-19 Corporate Response at the eighth annual Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards and the 2021 International Business Awards. Prince Foundation's decisive action during a crisis period was commended by various international judging panels.
"We hope 'Together, Building a Better Future for Cambodia' will guide our team at Prince Foundation, just like how the Group has, through its corporate strategy of "Building a Better Life" for Cambodians, led to over US$2 billion in investment towards local projects," added Chen Zhi. "Ensuring Cambodia's recovery will be a long-term effort and we remain invested in the future of Cambodia and will offer the necessary financial and operational support to ensure Prince Foundation's continued success."
- Prince Group Partners with Caring for Cambodia, Sponsors Career Prep Program
- Prince Holding Group Brings International Brands to Cambodia With New Commercial Retailing Project
- Chairman Chen Zhi Donates US$3M to Fight Covid-19, Leading the Way for Anti-Pandemic Initiatives Across Prince Group in Cambodia
- Prince Group Chairman Neak Oknha Chen Zhi Wins Entrepreneur of the Year – Conglomerates at 2021 International Business Awards
- Chen Zhi and Prince Group Raise Awareness for Sustainable Agriculture in Cambodia with Launch of Prince Manor Resort
- The House of Bac Lieu Prince
- To boost appeal of sports in Cambodia, Chen Zhi and Prince Group Back National Volleyball Team for 2023 SEA Games
- Brunei s Prince Azim dies at age of 38
- A neighbor of Prince William and Kate is jailed after breaking into a house and stealing knickers and a sex toy
- New V-pop prince MV tops YouTube Trending in Asia playlist