HONG KONG SAR - Media OutReach - 3 August 2021 - Kerry Logistics Network Limited ('Kerry Logistics Network', 'KLN'; Stock Code 0636.HK) introduces a new Trans-Pacific air freight service to connect multiple Asian locations to the USA to capture the heightened demands in the pandemic-hit air freight market. Named Kerry Freight Controlled Network ('KCN'), the freight integrator centres on the Americas hub set up in Huntsville, Alabama, USA. The inaugural flights will originate from Hong Kong in August 2021.
KCN is a time-definite solution that offers standard air freight services to customers with guaranteed space and long-term pricing, fulfilling the needs of customers looking for stable and long-term solutions. KCN leads the market in heavy air freight integrators with door-to-door solutions for a wide range of products: from small parcels to large and oversized cargoes, including DGR and lithium batteries.
KLN is partnering with the Huntsville International Airport in the State of Alabama, USA, to establish a hub at the airport, operating inbound and outbound air cargo flights as well as trucking connections to provide seamless transportation of goods across the Americas. KLN will operate multiple aircraft on a weekly basis from select origins in Asia.
Kevin Bulger, Chief Operating Officer of USA, Kerry Logistics Network, said, "We chose Huntsville as our Americas air freight hub for KCN as it is congestion free and enjoys expedited transfer of cargo to Latin America and Mexico. With cooperation from HSV, we will be able to execute swift dispatch of cargoes to cities within the USA and Canada. KCN will be a welcomed service in the increasingly tight air cargo market and meet the demands of customers looking for a lasting and reliable solution to their air freight needs."
Rick Tucker, CEO, Port of Huntsville, said, "The Port of Huntsville is a Southeast gateway to countries all over the world and makes our region a highly sought-after location for business and industry. Home to the Huntsville International Airport (HSV), Jetplex Industrial Park (JIP) and the International Intermodal Centre (IIC), our Port creates efficient, effective, and economical solutions for customers and stimulates the regional economy through a strong transportation infrastructure, global connectivity, and innovative logistic solutions. Kerry Logistics Network will enhance HSV's global connectivity and speed to market solutions. We welcome our newest logistic partner to HSV and look forward to a long term, prosperous partnership."
Backed by its excellent track record in the industry, the support of carriers, its customs clearance capacity and extensive coverage of major air transit hubs across different regions, KLN's air freight business, from Asia to the world, surged in 2020.
- Kerry Logistics Network Extends Coverage in Latin America with New Office in Peru
- Kerry Logistics Network Extends Winning Streak at the Quamnet Outstanding Enterprise Awards for Sixth Year Running
- Dachser increases capacity of its air network for 2021
- Kerry Logistics Network Recognised at the Hong Kong Green Awards 2020 As the Recipient of Corporate Green Governance Award - Corporate Leadership
- Kerry Logistics Network Secures Places Atop Institutional Investor Rankings, Recognised As "Most Honored Companies" for the Sixth Consecutive Year
- MTR Corporation and Kerry eCommerce Join Hands to Launch "Kerry Express @ MTR Shops" New Retail Solution
- S.F. Holding and Kerry Logistics Network Announce Strategic Investment and Cooperation
- GEODIS Honored with Lenovo Logistics Excellence Award for Service in the Americas
- Kerry Logistics Network Wins the Highest Honour The Asset Jade Award and The Best Investor Relations Team Award at The Asset ESG Corporate Awards 2020