TOKYO, JAPAN - Media OutReach - 3 August 2021 - On July 31, 2021, early-stage venture capital firm Headline Asia (formerly known as Infinity Ventures) has announced they will close their fourth fund at over $100 Million. In May 2021, Infinity Ventures and e.ventures rebranded as a single firm, Headline, to invest together globally in innovative internet technology companies.
A number of previous institutional investors returned for Fund 4, including the National Development Fund of Taiwan, Abico Group, and Otto Group of Germany.
"Our new rebrand as Headline cemented our decade-long partnership with our global fund teams in the US, Europe, and Latin America for a combined AUM of over USD $2 Billion," says Headline Asia Founder and Partner, Akio Tanaka, "We hope to deliver a unique global perspective to local investments in Asia, and look forward to growing with the next generation of great entrepreneurs."
Headline Asia invests globally across the internet technology sector at Seed and Series A stages with a focus on e-commerce, logistics, and FinTech, including unicorns they supported from the Seed Stage, such as freee k.k., Yeahka, and WealthNavi. The fund backs entrepreneurs who are addressing consumer pain points, disrupting the market, and shifting the paradigm in the internet technology sector.
"With the new fund, we are joined by experienced, world class partners and advisors who led the first investment in Alibaba, have managed a FinTech fund for Japan's largest corporate bank, or been behind most of the major tech IPOs in Japan," says Headline Asia Partner Joseph Huang. "With the expanded team capacity and our proprietary deal sourcing software, we are finding great investment opportunities at a breakneck speed."
Headline Asia Partners include Akihiko Okamoto, former Chief Investment Officer of MUFG Innovation Partners and Hong Lu, founding chairman at SoftBank China Venture Capital. Koichi Maruo joined this year as advisor; Kochi's past experience includes acting as the former Senior Executive Managing Director in Charge of Corporate Banking and Corporate Planning at Daiwa Securities.
- The Philippines’ New Wave ties up with Malaysian firm to launch $50m fund for SEA startups
- KKday bags $75m in series C round to expand in Asia
- Mr. Dzung Nguyen left CyberAgent Capital and set up a venture capital fund with Le Hoang Uyen Vy
- Accel, Vertex Ventures infuse fresh funds into Indian social commerce startup GlowRoad
- Vietnamese starups will receive new support fun
- BRI Ventures’ fund invests $2m in drink brand Haus in series A round
- Do Ventures leads $1.5M Pre-Series A round of fintech startup Mfast
- ESR upsizes Japan Logistics Fund III to JPY150 billion
- Singapore’s fintech firm Syfe bags $18.6m in series A money from Valar Ventures