HONG KONG SAR - Media OutReach - 13 July 2021 - Gaw Capital Partners today announced the appointment of Mr. Kok-Chye Ong as Managing Director & Head of IDC (ex-China) at Gaw Capital Partners, with effect from July 13, 2021. Mr. Ong will be based in Singapore.
Mr. Ong will spearhead internet data centre (IDC) platform investments for Gaw Capital Partners outside of the China region, building a professional team and platform to build on our successful IDC platform in China, where Gaw Capital Partners has already committed US$1.3 billion since 2019.
Kenneth Gaw, President & Managing Principal of Gaw Capital Partners, said, "I am delighted to welcome Kok-Chye onboard. His exceptional leadership and industry expertise in the fields of data centres and telecoms will be invaluable for the development of Gaw Capital Partners' IDC platform. I am confident that our IDC platform will continue to evolve and develop into a high-quality business under his leadership."
Prior to joining Gaw Capital Partners, Mr. Ong worked in the Keppel Group of companies for 10 years in a number of roles including being a Senior Vice President and since 2014, as the Head of Strategy and Global Investments at Keppel Data Centres, a regional data centre owner and operator with over 25 data centres spread across the APAC and European regions. He has over 20 years of international experience in data centres, telecom and submarine cable development projects. He has strong track record in fundraising, growing data centre businesses in key markets in Asia and Europe, and leading investment teams to acquire data centres in Australia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Germany and in the Netherlands. He was ranked by Data Economy in 2018 as one of the world's top 25 finance deal makers in the data centre and cloud industry.
Mr. Ong received his Bachelor of Accounting degree from the Nanyang Technological University in Singapore and graduated from the Sloan Fellows Program at Stanford University with a Master of Science in Management from the Graduate School of Business in 2007. He is a Chartered Accountant (CA) in Singapore and Fellow of CPA Australia (FCPA) and a member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accounts (ISCA) and CPA Australia.
- With a Global Presence, Beryllus Capital Will Serve as a Strategic Advisor to Some of the World's Most Prominent Families
- ESR upsizes Japan Logistics Fund III to JPY150 billion
- Southeast Asia eCommerce platform Lazada launches public bug bounty program with YesWeHack
- ESR to develop US$2bn+ multi-phase data centre campus near Osaka CBD, Japan
- Cisco Appoints New President and Chairman for Asia Pacific, Japan & Greater China
- MODIFI Announces New 60m USD Debt Facility with Silicon Valley Bank, Brings Total Raised Capital to 111m USD to Fuel Global Expansion
- Proptech firms catch the eye of foreign investors
- Sunwah Innovation Centre opens in HCM City
- Cryptology Asset Group Appoints Current Head of Asset Management, Patrick Lowry, as the New CEO