HONG KONG SAR - Media OutReach - 9 July 2021 - Today, IX Asia Indexes Company Limited announced the 2nd quarter review of the ixCrypto Index ("IXCI"). This is the first crypto benchmark index launched in Hong Kong.
There are three constituents' additions and no deletion. The number of the constituent cryptos will increase from 8 to 11 after the changes. The additions are as follows:
Additions: Dogecoin, Solana, VeChain
The free float adjusted market capitalization coverage is 75.33%, while the 90-day-average volume coverage is 80.06%. The constituents change and recapping at 40% will be effective on July 16, 2021 (Friday).
Since the last review, there has been a drop in the crypto total market capitalisation from USD1.88tn to USD1.42tn (-24.5%), and a fall in the daily volume from USD131bn to USD93bn (-29%). Bitcoin remains as the largest crypto in the constituent list, but its price has gone down by 39% since the last review.
"We are pleased to see the development of the IxCrypto index becoming more mature since its launch in 2018. With 11 constituents after the effective date, the index is becoming more diversified. The committee will continue to review the market development and may consider including more constituents in the coming review to bring the market capitalisation coverage back to the 80% line," said Irene Wong, Chairman of IX Asia Indexes Advisory Committee.
More details about the ixCrypto Index, including its constituents and constituents' weight, are provided in the Appendices, or refer to the website https://ix-index.com/
ixCrypto Index ("IXCI")
All crypto coins traded in at least two different exchanges around the world
Cryptocurrencies ranking in the top 80% of cumulative full market capitalization ("MC") coverage and in the top 25 of 90-days-average-trading-volume.
Number of Constituents
Variable (8 constituents on 30 June 2021, change to 11 constituents effective on 16 July 2021)
12th December 2018
3rd December 2018
If the coverage is below 75% or any of constituents is not in top 25 of trading volume, IXCI will be reconstituted to bring MC coverage back and do liquidity screening.
Reconstitution and Rebalancing Frequency
Quarterly and with a fast entry rule
Free float adjusted market capitalization weighted with a cap of 40%, or a 40%/ 30%/ 20% step cap under extreme conditions
Daily, 12:00 noon (HKT)
Hourly, every :00 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (HKT)
Every 15 seconds, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (HKT)
Weightings of the Constituents of ixCrypto Index
After 40% Cap
Data as of 30 June 2021 (HKT)
* 90-day-average-volume ranking in total market is shown in the parentheses
* For the calculation methodology of the index, please refer to the "ixCrypto Index Methodology Paper" on our website
ixCrypto Indexes Series Dissemination
IXCI, IXBI, and IXEI will be disseminated via the ixCrypto Index official webpage and the Nasdaq Global Index Data Service (GIDS) at a 15-second interval from 9 A.M to 9 P.M. on every Hong Kong trading days. The tickers are shown below:
Nasdaq GIDS Ticker
For vendors in Hong Kong or Mainland China, please contact IX Asia Indexes Data Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to get the index for dissemination in the Greater China Region.
For global data vendors or professional users requiring a 24*7 monitored data feed, please use Nasdaq GIDS with the tickers above to get the indexes. For data vendors who currently do not carry Nasdaq GIDS, please reach Nasdaq at DataSales@Nasdaq.com directly, or fill in the Subscribe to GIDS section at https://www.nasdaq.com/solutions/global-index-data-service-gids. The sales manager of Nasdaq from the dedicated country will respond within the day.
* A testing data feed will be provided on IX Asia Indexes website for free testing or academic usage.
- ESR selected as a constituent of Hang Seng Composite Index
- Razer Becomes a Constituent of the MSCI Global Small Cap Indexes
- Crypto exchange Bityard has launched forex trading service for global investors
- Summit Ascent Selected for Inclusion in the MSCI Hong Kong Micro Cap Index
- Kenanga Investment Bank Acquires Stake in Licensed Crypto Exchange
- Cryptology's NAV per Share Reaches a New All-Time High of €215.07
- Results of the Global Offering of YesAsia Holdings Limited announced
- Vietnam to benefit most from upcoming review of MSCI Frontier Markets Index
- What is the influence of Elon Musk on Vietnamese crypto investors?