Hong Kong Rope Skipping Club performance, charity rope skipping marathon and charity bazaar, with over 300 participants. More than one hundred thousand Hong Kong Dollars have been raised from the event which will be used to support employment programs for the underprivileged.
HONG KONG SAR - Media OutReach - 28 June 2021 - The LU+ Business Opening Ceremony and Charity Event held by Safety Godown Company Limited (00237.HK) at the LU Plaza was held successfully on June 25. During the event, the Hong Kong Rope Skipping Club was invited to perform different rope-skipping freestyles. The public were also invited to join the "Charity Rope Skipping Marathon" and the charity bazaar. More than 300 people joined this event and skipped more than 19000 times, which help Baptist Oi Kwan Social Service raised more than one hundred thousand Hong Kong Dollars.
Mr. Raymond Chiu (Baptist Oi Kwan Social Service, Chief Executive) presenting award to Mr. Wayne Lu (Safety Godown Group – Executive Director)
At the opening ceremony of the Open Day, the Executive Director of Safety Godown Company Limited, Mr. Wayne Lu said, "Many people have lost their jobs during the pandemic. During this difficult time, the Lu's Foundation would like to support Oi Kwan's employment programs for the underprivileged." Mr. Lu stated that the reason for choosing rope-skipping as the main theme was because it could be done in very limited space. He would like to motivate those affected by the epidemic with the indomitable spirit of athletes. Apart from this, he hoped that The LU+ Business Centre can be a platform connecting charities, business associations and private companies and create synergy and generate positive impact to the society.
Mr. Raymond Chiu, the Chief Executive Officer of Baptist Oi Kwan Social Service, appreciated Lu's Foundation and LU Plaza for supporting community services in the past year. He said, "At the start of the Covid-19 outbreak, the LU's Foundation donated reusable anti-bacterial face masks, subsidized free canteen, and purchased equipment to support grass-roots students' online learning. Furthermore, the LU Plaza also offers preferential rent to Ratoon Beaute nail parlor and the Vocational Training and Employment Support Service Center with the aim to assist unemployed individuals to start a career."
During the event day, a star-rated rope skipping team - the Super Skipping Team of four performed Single Freestyles, Pair Freestyles and Team Freestyles in a flash mob rope skipping performance https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zOFAJYEZfZKMNDCdBiZjJ38vgrGJKMM2
- Britcham Vietnam fun run to raise money for charity
- SGGP organizes calligraphy-for-charity event
- NEFIN in Partnership with Hong Kong Baptist Theological Seminary (HKBTS) Embrace Carbon Neutrality for a Green Campus
- Hong Kong ICT Awards 2021 opens for enrolment
- Youth Square’s ‘Let’s Glow Skate!’ exhibition attracted over a thousand participants to promote skateboarding culture with local skateboarding athletes
- Meet the 20 top-funded startups and tech companies in Hong Kong
- US Senate passes bill to punish China over Hong Kong
- Diplomats cook for charity
- MTR Corporation and Kerry eCommerce Join Hands to Launch "Kerry Express @ MTR Shops" New Retail Solution
- Hundreds of charity groups support Quang Binh flood victims