HONG KONG SAR - Media OutReach - 23 April 2021 - The Hong Kong ICT Awards (HKICTA) 2021 is open for enrolment today (April 23). Entries of locally developed information and communications technology (ICT) products and solutions are invited to compete for the Grand Awards in the eight award categories, and the top accolade of the competition - the Award of the Year. The deadline for enrolment is July 16, 2021.
Steered by the Office of the Government Chief Information Officer (OGCIO), the HKICTA 2021 is organised by eight local industry associations and professional bodies. The award categories and respective Leading Organisers are listed below:
Digital Entertainment Award
Hong Kong Digital Entertainment Association
The Hong Kong Institute of Bankers
ICT Startup Award
Hong Kong Wireless Technology Industry Association
Smart Business Award
Hong Kong Computer Society
Smart Living Award
Hong Kong Information Technology Federation
Smart Mobility Award
GS1 Hong Kong
Smart People Award
The Hong Kong Council of Social Service
Student Innovation Award
Hong Kong New Emerging Technology Education Association
A Grand Award will be granted in each category. A Grand Judging Panel, to be led this year by the President of the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Professor Wei Shyy, will select the Award of the Year from the eight Grand Awardees.
Since its debut in 2006, the HKICTA has endeavoured to recognise and promote outstanding ICT inventions and applications, thereby encouraging the pursuit of innovation and excellence among Hong Kong's ICT professionals and enterprises to meet business and social needs, bring benefits to the community through adoption of innovation and technology, and foster Hong Kong's smart city development together.
Details of the HKICTA are available on the thematic website (www.hkictawards.hk). Enquiries can be made to the OGCIO at 2582 4318 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DFA Hong Kong Young Design Talent Award 2021 Applications Now Open until 28 June
- ESG Achievement Awards 2020 is Now Open for Application
- Kerry Logistics Network Recognised at the Hong Kong Green Awards 2020 As the Recipient of Corporate Green Governance Award - Corporate Leadership
- First Ever ISCM Awards 2021 Opens for Application; Recognising Excellence in the Shopping Centre Industry
- US Senate passes bill to punish China over Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Productivity Council and Hong Kong Computer Society Sign Pact to Enhance the Adoption of Emerging Technologies in Hong Kong
- DFA Design for Asia Awards 2021 Opening for Global Submissions from 15 March
- TÜV Rheinland Hong Kong launches China Compulsory Certification (CCC) services for electrical and electronic products
- "Ear Up Incubation" helps 12 local groups to four awards at the "Ear Up Music Festival"