- Korean actor-singer IU joins top leading cast comprising Song Kang-ho, Gang Dong-won and Bae Doona in BROKER, which is to be produced by the Group's indirect wholly-owned subsidiary, Zip Cinema
- To be directed by celebrated Japanese film director, Kore-eda Hirokazu, who won the 2018 Palme d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival for his film SHOPLIFTERS, BROKER will be his first ever Korean production
- Screenplay works for BROKER is on-going and the movie is scheduled to commence filming this year
SINGAPORE - Media OutReach - 2 February 2021 - Spackman Entertainment Group Limited ("Spackman Entertainment Group" or the "Company" and together with its subsidiaries, the "Group"), one of Korea's leading entertainment production groups, wishes to announce that top popular Korean actor-singer IU will be joining star-studded cast comprising Song Kang-ho, Gang Dong-won and Bae Doona in the Group's next major film, BROKER (working title). BROKER shall be produced by the Company's indirect wholly-owned subsidiary, Zip Cinema Co., Ltd. ("Zip Cinema"), following its film #ALIVE.
Previously, Zip Cinema's most recent film, #ALIVE, was the number one Asian film on Netflix in the U.S. last year. #ALIVE previously crossed the 1 million ticket sales within five days of its theatrical release and maintained its #1 position at the Korean box office for three consecutive weeks.
BROKER will star popular Korean actor-singer IU of HOTEL DEL LUNA (2019), MY MISTER (2018) & THE PRODUCERS (2015), and top Korean actors namely, Song Kang-ho of Oscar-winning PARASITE (2019) & SNOWPIERCER (produced by the Group & released in 2013), Gang Dong-won of PENINSULA (2020), MASTER (produced by the Group & released in 2016) & THE PRIESTS (produced by the Group & released in 2015), and Bae Doona of KINGDOM (2019) & STRANGER (2017).
To be distributed and invested by CJ ENM, BROKER is directed by celebrated Japanese film director, Kore-eda Hirokazu, who won the Palme d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival for SHOPLIFTERS (2018) and the Cannes Jury Prize for LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON (2013).
BROKER relates the story of individuals whose lives become intertwined around a mysterious 'Baby Box', which is a box designed to allow people, who are unable to raise children, to deposit their babies anonymously.
Filming for BROKER is scheduled to commence this year and screenplay works of the film is currently in progress.
With the upcoming film, BROKER, Zip Cinema is aiming to produce its fourth consecutive commercially successful film, following #ALIVE (2020), CRAZY ROMANCE (2019) and DEFAULT (2018).
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s #ALIVE the number one Asian film on Netflix U.S. in 2020
- Kim Sang-kyung Of Kook Entertainment, Wholly-Owned By Spackman Entertainment Group's Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, Stars in New SBS Drama RACKET BOY BAND To Be On Netflix & SBS In May 2021
- Lee Cho-Hee Of MS Team, Wholly-Owned By Spackman Entertainment Group's Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, Stars In New SBS Variety Show BEAUTY AND THE BEAST Premiering In The First Half Of 2021
- Director reveals name of actress to play villian in action film
- South Korean actress Ha Ji Won reveals the secret to her never-changing looks
- Movie star Ánh plays leading role in TV series about farmers in the 1940s
- Three Vietnamese among Forbes Asia’s 100 most influential online celebrities