HONG KONG SAR - Media OutReach - 27 January 2021 - Application for The IFTA FinTech Achievement Awards 2020 (the "Awards") has been officially kicked off now. Organised by the Institute of Financial Technologists of Asia ("IFTA"), the Awards is now running for its 3rd year to celebrate the significant achievements made worldwide in the realm of FinTech and the application opens to both individuals and institutions of different natures.
Themed "Embracing FinTech amid New Normal and Accelerating Digitization", the Awards builds on the turbulence impacting on this world as a starting point, identifying the best practices of digitalization in this very extraordinary year for all. The rearranged award categories and judging criteria caters to ever-changing external factors so as to create a fair arena for all.
The Awards focuses on teamworks, ethics, professionalism, achievements and innovation. A well-rounded evaluation will be conducted to the participants to select those who has been doing a great job balancing these different angles in their business routine.
"No matter you are a commercial company, an NGO, a start-up, or an individual who have helped the advancement of the FinTech industry, you are more than welcomed to join the Awards." IFTA Founder and Chairman Mr Paul Pong said, "By participating in the Awards, FinTech-related organizations or individuals will be able to significantly elevate their visibility in this ever-growing industry."
The Awards Head Juror Dr Charleston Sin added, "We anticipate that a group of leading institutions and individuals will join the Awards this year. FinTech-related business usually become more decisive when adapting to changes. Especially in this year, when constantly changing has become the major theme."
Since IFTA's establishment in September 2017, the IFTA has been contributing to the promotion of professional standards within Asia's FinTech industry. It is known as a major facilitator of FinTech education and a platform for nurturing new talents. For the past 3 years, the Awards recognises companies that have dedicated to the development of this once emerging, and now maturing industry.
Corporate Achievements in FinTech (for corporates, NGOs, and start-ups)
Trade Financing Tech
Blockchain, Cryptocurrency and CEP (Cryptoasset Exchange Providers)
* This category awards any innovative project that falls under FinTech, but does not apply to any of the categories above.
5G and/or Internet of Things
Outstanding Financial Technologists of the Year (for individuals)
Leader of the Year
- Recognising company founders, shareholding directors, or C-suite executives for their contributions and achievements.
Rising Star of the Year
- Recognising young professionals in any company, on or below age 35 for their contributions and achievements.
Star in the Making
- Recognising students (undergraduate or postgraduate) for innovative
projects or ideas that could positively transform the FinTech industry.
The Jury Panel (arranged in alphabetical order of surnames)
Dr Charleston SIN
MIT Hong Kong Innovation Node
Head of Strategic Initiatives
HashKey Digital Asset Group
Ir Eric CHAN
Chief Public Mission Officer
Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Limited
Mr Emil CHAN
The Association of Cloud and Mobile Computing Professionals
Dr Dorothy CHAU
Mr Eugene HSIA
Chief Corporate Development Officer
Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation
Ms Selina LAU
The Hong Kong Federation of Insurers
Mr Sean LEE
Mr Vincent MA
Chief Digital Officer
Sun Hung Kai Real Estate Agency Limited
Ms Juni YAN
Fintech Business, International, WeBank
For more information, please visit www.iftaawards.org
Photos of the Awards 2019 can be downloaded here: www.shorturl.at/mnuFN
- Kerry Logistics Network Wins the Highest Honour The Asset Jade Award and The Best Investor Relations Team Award at The Asset ESG Corporate Awards 2020
- Kerry Logistics Network Recognised at the Hong Kong Green Awards 2020 As the Recipient of Corporate Green Governance Award - Corporate Leadership
- Conference to seek measures for Vietnam’s fintech development
- VNPT wins most awards at IT World Awards 2020
- Kerry Logistics Clinches Titles at IR Magazine’s Greater China Awards 2020, Winning Best in Sector: Industrials and Best Annual Report (Mid-cap)
- Sao Khue Awards 2021 formally kicked off
- Vietnam wins three prizes at 2020 World Travel Awards