316 Solar Panels Built on 6 Rooftops of HKBTS Campus Buildings
HONG KONG SAR - Media OutReach - 5 January 2021 - NEFIN, a leading solar developer and investor in carbon neutrality solutions in Asia, is pleased to announce the implementation of four holistic solar PV systems in the main campus of Hong Kong Baptist Theological Seminary (HKBTS), one of the established seminaries in Hong Kong. The four solar PV systems cover six rooftops in the campus.
"It is our pleasure and honour to work with HKBTS to transform their extensive building rooftops into highly-effective solar energy generating fields. Despite social unrest and the outbreak of COVID-19, the project was brought seamlessly to completion. The NEFIN-HKBTS partnership is exemplary of the flexibility, expertise and operational skills of NEFIN as well as the trust that HKBTS has in us.We are proud to share this piece of positive news to kick off 2021." said Clara Kwan, COO of NEFIN Group.
The 316 solar PV panels installed can generate approximately 152,559 kWh annually, offsetting 78 tons CO2 emission per year. The scale of this installation would be equivalent to planting 1,297 trees for the earth.
"A Green and Glossy Gospel: God's creative love is extended to all God's creations, calling God's followers to bear the responsibilities for nature and to testify to the reconciliation and peace of the universe." commented by President Cho of HKBTS.
"NEFIN has successfully completed several projects around Asia in 2020, amidst the challenges of the pandemic. One of the NEFIN's beliefs is that the effort to achieve carbon neutrality should not be halted as a result of current temporary setbacks. With another challenging year ahead, enterprises should be prepared for future climate challenges, which may be sooner or least expected, like the COVID19 pandemic," commented Mr. Glenn Lim, CEO of NEFIN.
- HCMC public offices to install solar panels
- US Senate passes bill to punish China over Hong Kong
- JICA-funded solar power project helps Vietnam advance low-carbon growth goal
- ADB backs $186 mln solar power plant in central Vietnam
- Meet the 20 top-funded startups and tech companies in Hong Kong
- Rooftop solar power, an idea whose time has come in Vietnam
- HCM City targets 1,000 MWp of rooftop solar power at IZs by 2024
- Vietnam concerned over unstable situation in Hong Kong
- Sharp to launch new solar power plant in central Vietnam