HCM CITY — Five banks have donated a total of VNĐ25 billion (US$1.07 million) for the fight against the new COVID-19 outbreak that is hitting hard Đà Nẵng City, according to the State Bank of Việt Nam (SBV).
The Vietnam Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Agribank), Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam (Vietcombank), Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV), Vietnam Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Industry and Trade (VietinBank), and Military Commercial Joint Stock Bank (MB-Bank) each gave VNĐ5 billion ($215,627).
The SBV had called on them to donate to help Đà Nẵng buy COVID-19 test kits.
With many new cases being diagnosed now, especially in Đà Nẵng, the need to test locals and visitors there is very high, according to the SBV.
The banking industry has donated hundreds of billions of đồng since the pandemic began in the country early this year. — VNS
- Four Vietnamese banks enter top 500 valuable bank brands
- MB among strongest banks in Asia-Pacific
- Banks speed recruitment to meet expansion plans
- Banks to offer credit packages for customers affected by COVID-19
- Fifth bank completes all three pillars of Basel II
- Little boy with two types of cancer in need of help
- Vietnamese banks target more overseas markets
- Vietcombank named best bank of Vietnam by Euromoney
- Local banks to face competition from foreign rivals