Shandong is a major agricultural and industrial province of China. With a population of 107 million people, Shandong needs to import a variety of staple products such as agricultural products and foodstuffs.
The city’s demand and consumption of goods are reported to constantly increase over the past years, together with increasing demand in imported products’ quality, food safety and product brands.
According to Liu Xiao Jiang, Vice Chairman of CCPIT, the online conference connecting Vietnamese enterprises with Shandong enterprises is a quick and effective way to promote trade cooperation between the two sides. .
“In 2019, Shandong’s agricultural product import and export turnover reached USD32.5 billion, including USD15.1 billion in import,” he said, adding that Shandong province’s fisheries consumption grew by 14.9%, while fresh and dried fruits grew by 40.7%. “This shows that there remains large and promising potential for exports of consumer products to Shandong.”
According to Le Hoang Tai, Deputy Head of the Trade Promotion Department, the online conference was among activities to help businesses from the two sides overcome difficulties caused by COVID-19, and resume trade and investment exchanges./.
Compiled by BTA
- Enterprises seek ways to boost agricultural and aquatic exports
- More than 1,000 Vietnamese agricultural and food products eligible for export to China
- Quality needed to boost agricultural, aquatic exports
- Vietnam's import-export turnover up 24% in nine months
- Discussions held to promote imports of agricultural products from US
- Agricultural exporters urged to increase quality supervision for exports to China
- Vietnamese agricultural products introduced to Japan
- Fair for farming, OCOP products in the North opens this month
- Opportunities for Vietnamese agricultural products in Thailand