HCM City People’s Committee asked the department to review the current industrial and processing zones and find suitable lands to attract investments to the city and build the new hi-tech industrial park. The new park will be a new gathering place for hi-tech firms and support start-up companies.
HCM City Export Processing Zone and Industrial Park Authority (Hepza) will work with the department on how to deal with violations such as firms that operate not in accordance to their registered businesses.
Hepza must also report about suitable land that can attract immediate investment or for business expansion. They must propose solutions to violations and difficulties that firms may face.
HCM City has three processing zones and 16 industrial zones that cover a total 4,532ha. 17 of them have gone into operation in the past years. 1,716ha have been rented out. According to the plan, HCM City will have 23 processing and industrial zones that cover 5,822ha by the end of 2020.
- HCM City wants to make its industrial parks smart
- HCMC estimates VND80 trillion in tourism revenue in 2020
- The Prime Minister added 3 Hung Yen Industrial Zones in the total area of 567 ha to the plan
- Investment at HCM City IPs up 7.16 percent in 10M
- Industrial park enterprises promote the use of roof solar power
- 3 industrial zones with an area of nearly 6,500 ha in Dong Nai province were added to the plan