The stock market in the first session of the week on June 28 rebounded strongly, the VN-Index officially surpassed the “dream” mark of 1,400 points to the surprise of many investors.
More stories at Vietnam Insider’s homepage.
Leading the gaining momentum and being the main force pulling the market was banking codes. This morning, out of 26 stocks traded on 3 exchanges HSX, HNX and UPCoM, only 3 stocks declined (PGBank’s PGB, Vietcombank’s VCB and VPBank’s VPB), 3 stood at reference prices (SGB of Saigonbank, SSB of SeABank and VietBank’s VBB) both increased.
Leading the increase was TPBank’s stock TPB with an increase of 4.5% to 37,500 VND/share. Techcombank’s TCB, Maritime Bank’s MSB and Saigon-Hanoi Bank’s SHB at times also increased by more than 4% – by the end of the morning, they still maintained their upward momentum among the top of the banking group, in which TCB increased. 3.9%; MSB rose 4.1%.
A series of other banking stocks such as OCB of Oriental Bank, MBB of Military Bank, BID of BIDV, STB of Sacombank or ABB of ABBank increased by more than 3%.
With strong momentum, many banking stocks today set new price records since listing (adjusted price is taken into account) such as HDBank’s HDB at 35,950 VND/share, CTG at 54,500 VND/share, ACB at 36,650 dong or MBB at 43,300 dong/share.
- Stock market August 12: Increasing at the beginning of the session, banking groups flourished
- Stock market (January 11): ‘Vingroup’ flourished, VN-Index increased by more than 17 points
- Stock market September 4: The VN-Index regained the level of 900 points, a group of securities surged
- Market lowers on Thursday morning
- Stock market 19/6: VIC shares hit the ceiling, VN-Index rebounded 13 points
- Bank stocks help VN-Index maintain growth momentum
- Shares continue rally on the back of blue-chip stocks
- Shares bounce back on recovery of banking stocks
- Bank stocks help VN-Index regain growth momentum