VPS Securities will become the first brokerage to charge a monthly service fee starting July 1.
It said the VND27,500 ($1.20) fee would be charged for clients’ use of its trading system and system-related features.
Visit Vietnam Insider’ s Homepage for more stories.
Currently brokerages only collect fees for transactions.
VPS was the top brokerage on the HCM Stock Exchange in the first quarter with a 13.2 percent market share, up 2.4 percentage points quarter-on-quarter.
Its share has constantly been rising in the last two years as it solicits new investors besides lowering the margin interest rate and waiving fees for new clients.
It was also the top brokerage on the Hanoi Stock Exchange last year with a nearly 9 percent market share.
By Minh Son on @Vnexpress
- Brokerages see shifts in Q2 market share
- SSI increased HOSE brokerage market share in the second quarter, the lower half of the rankings fluctuated
- HoSE brokerage market share in the third quarter: SSI continued to lead, VPS suddenly reached the top 3
- Derivatives fees repel investors
- Brokerage, material stocks boost market
- Brokerage firms drive markets up
- VN stocks increase as retail, banking and brokerage industries up
- Stock trading accounts surge as bank interest rates fall
- FPT-developed trading system ready by next month