Heavy rains in Lao Cai Province on July 3 had resulted in flash floods and flooding.
Crops destroyed by the flood in Lao Cai Province on July 3
According to Lao Cai Centre for Hydro-Meteorological Forecasting, because of it being a convergence zone, Lao Cai Province had experienced widespread rain on July 3. Bat Xat Town had the highest level of rainfall of 221.1mm. The rainfall in Lao Cai City was 68mm, 67mm in Viet Tien Commune and 66.4mm in Muong Vi Commune.
Flooding in Bat Xat
Luu Minh Hai, director of Lao Cai Centre for Hydro-Meteorological Forecasting said this was the heaviest rain in Lao Cai since the start of flood season. Reports from Muong Khuong District Commanding Committee of Natural Disaster Prevention and Control, Search and Rescue show that the flash flood had swept away cattle and flooded five hectares of rice fields and many fish farms in Quang Kim Commune and caused congestion in many locations.
The localities authorities are still assessing the damage.
Hai said since the flood season was still on-going and may develop unexpectedly, residents in Lao Cai must be cautious of strong winds, lightning and tighten flood and landslide prevention work.
- Two killed in Lao Cai heavy rain
- Heavy rain, flash floods ravage mountain province
- Flash floods leave eight dead and missing, seven injured in Northern region
- PM allocates rice to flood victims in central region
- Northern region prepares for natural disasters
- Northern region of Vietnam getting ready to deal with natural disasters
- Heavy rains, dam discharge could trigger fresh flooding in central Vietnam
- Heavy rains cause heavy damage to Lào Cai and Dak Nông
- Belgium Transfers Flooding Forecast Technology to Hanoi
- North and North Central regions to suffer from large scale rainstorms