In the first 10 days of the new year 2021, the southern province of Dong Nai attracted more than US$226 million in foreign direct investment (FDI), mostly from the Republic of Korea (RoK) and Japan.
The Dong Nai Provincial People’s Committee on January 12 granted investment certificates to three new projects with a total registered capital of US$190 million, including US$100 million by Hansol Electronics Viet Nam Co., Ltd (RoK), specializing in assembling liquid-crystal display modules and electronic circuits, at Ho Nai Industrial Park in Trang Bom District, and US$60 million by Ojitex Viet Nam Co., Ltd (Japan), specializing manufacturing high-quality packaging, at Loc An-Binh Son Industrial Park in Long Thanh District.
The remaining US$30 million is poured by Platel Vina Co., Ltd (RoK), specializing in producing plastic covers for electronic equipment and electric & electronic components, into Amata Industrial Park in Bien Hoa City.
In 2021, Dong Nai targets to attract about US$700 million of foreign investment and VND2 trillion (US$86.96 million) from domestic investors.
According to the Dong Nai Provincial People’s Committee, as of January 10, 2021, industrial parks across the province accommodated 372 RoK-invested projects with a total registered capital of nearly US$6.16 billion and 253 Japan-invested projects totalling nearly US$4.87 billion.
The Dong Nai Industrial Zones Authority said that despite the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, local industrial parks still reported positive results in investment attraction and infrastructure development in 2020.
Last year, Dong Nai attracted 66 FDI projects worth US$402.27 million and 26 domestic ones with more than VND2.3 trillion (US$100.03 million).
Along with Binh Duong and Long An, Dong Nai is one of the major industrial hubs adjacent to Ho Chi Minh City which have accelerated the planning and development of industrial park infrastructure to catch the wave of shifting FDI flows.
In addition to developing new industrial zones in districts, Dong Nai is also planning to expand Amata Industrial Park in Bien Hoa City by 27 hectares.
- Dong Nai attracts over 226 million USD in FDI on first days of 2021
- Over US$840 million poured into industrial parks in Binh Duong Province
- Vinh Phuc Attracts 21 Projects in Jan - Sep
- Nghe An greenlights two FDI projects
- Vietnam grants investment certificates to US$1 billion FDI projects in a single day
- Ba Thien 2 IP Attracts 51 Projects in Nine Months
- Dong Nai anticipates new investment waves
- Work starts on RoK-funded electronic component factory in Vinh Phuc
- Work starts on South Korea-funded electronic component factory in Vinh Phuc
- Bình Dương IPs attracts more than $840 million of FDI in nine months