The MPI reports the number of FDI projects up to June stood at approximately 9,835 capitalised at roughly US$197.8 billion of which about 72.3% has been disbursed.
In terms of domestic investment projects, both IZs and EZs located throughout the country have attracted some 282 projects in six months with total newly registered and increased capital hitting US$2.7 billion.
They brought the cumulative number of domestic investment projects to 9,650, boasting a total investment figure of about US$99.6 million with disbursed investment capital making up 46.3%.
By the end of June, 336 industrial zones have been established in Vietnam, covering a total area of 98,000ha, according to data compiled by the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
- Vietnam draws US$6 billion in FDI to industrial and economic zones in H1
- US$8.3 billion poured into Vietnam’s industrial parks and economic zones in 10 months
- Vietnam draws US$8.5 billion into industrial parks and economic zones in 9 months
- Vinh Phuc Attracts 21 Projects in Jan - Sep
- Many industrial zones left idle wastefully
- Foreign investment capital thrives in June
- VN attract US$23.48 billion in FDI in ten months: MPI