Implementing Resolution 94/2019/QH14 of the National Assembly on tax debt relief and cancellations of late payment fines and interest for insolvent taxpayers, tax departments across the whole country have rushed to prepare dossiers, procedures and orders to charge off and cancel tax debts.
According to the latest report, as of November 2, there were 49 of 63 tax departments issuing tax debt relief decisions with the total amount of tax debts reaching VND9,907 billion, equivalent to 62% of the goal assigned by the General Department of Taxation.
In particular, Hanoi Tax Department has already charged off VND3,301 billion, HCM City Tax Department is VND2,167 billion; Hai Phong Tax Department is VND537 billion.
As for debt cancellation, by November 2, Binh Dinh Tax Department submitted to Binh Dinh Provincial People’s Committee to issue a decision to cancel debt of VND43 billion. On the other hand, the tax departments are submitting to the People’s Committees of the provinces and cities to issue decisions to cancel debts or are in the process of publishing information and preparing debt relief documents. Along with that, the Debt Management Department is also processing debt cancellation requests sent by some tax departments.
According to the General Department of Taxation, the remaining tasks in the last two months of the year are to charge off and cancel debts of VND17,050 billion. Of that, the amount of tax debt relief is VND6,693 billion and the amount of debt cancellation is VND10,357 billion.
Recently, the General Department of Taxation has also asked the head of the tax authorities to focus on directing and inspecting the handling of tax debt relief and cancellation of late payment fines and late payment interest that are no longer able to pay into the state budget in accordance with Resolution No. 94/2019/QH14 of the National Assembly.
With this work, the professional division and the legal department must assess the right subjects for tax debt relief and cancellation. Along with that, the dossier must be complete and follow the order of steps as specified in Circular No. 69/2020/TT-BTC dated July 15, 2020 of the Ministry of Finance for submission to competent authorities (People’s Committee, General Department of Taxation, Ministry of Finance, and the Government) to strictly implement tax debt relief to ensure the right subjects, to handle the amount of debts that cannot be paid into the budget to reduce tax debts.
By Thuy Linh/Thanh Thuy
- Ease the burden of "Irrecoverable debts"
- Proactively disseminate widely regulations of Law on Tax Management and Decree 126/2020/NĐ-CP
- Ensuring implementation of Resolution on tax debt settlement in accordance with progress
- Company in Hoa Binh has frozen tax debt of VND1.8 billion
- Drastically recover tax debt in the last months of the year
- Difficulties in tax debt management
- Principles of handling tax debts meeting requirements and objectives
- VND274 trillion should be collected, the tax industry “reviews” 561 big corporations and companies
- Customs sector strengthens revenue collection in last months of year
- State budget revenue of Tax sector surpassed 9.3 percent of the target in 2019