HÀ NỘI — Foodies in Ha Noi have the chance to enjoy the local cuisine of the northwest region when visiting the Week of Mường Khương mandarins and Lao Cai Province’s agricultural products which opened at Big C Thăng Long supermarket on Saturday.
Apart from Mường Khương mandarins, the trademark recognised by the National Office of Intellectual Property, Lao Cai’s co-operatives and businesses are displaying local specialities such as Seng Cu rice, Mường Khương chilli sauce, tea, honey, Thanh Sơn vermicelli, Muc grapefruit, turmeric starch, dried buffalo meat, wine, herbal medicines and more.
This is the first time the Week of Mường Khương mandarin and agricultural products of Lao Cai has been introduced in Ha Noi.
“The event is an opportunity to introduce agricultural products in Lao Cai Province in general and Mường Khương mandarins in particular to Hanoians. It also offers an opportunity to establish sustainable links between manufacturers and distributors, facilitating local enterprises to connect and develop markets, expand production along the value chain,” said Nguyễn Trường Giang, deputy head of the province’s Department of Industry and Trade.
At the event, the Big C Trade Centre and several Lao Cai agencies signed a memorandum of understanding on product sales.
The event will run through November 25.
This is part of a series of programmes organised by Big C in co-ordination with ministries and localities to support the promotion activities to introduce and build brands for agricultural products, specialities across regions and localities of Viet Nam. — VNS
- The Muong Lo Cultural and Tourism Festival presents the xoè Thái
- Unique buffalo market in northern mountainous commune
- Smuggler arrested for 250000 pill haul
- Muong Lo Culture, Tourism Festival honored with Stevie Awards
- Muong Long Sky gate new place to hunt cloud in Vietnam s central province
- Dong Thap pangasius week opens in Ha Noi
- People in Muong Nhe hamlet 2 enjoy a better life
- Breathing life into fading Mường culture
- Party building in Muong Nhe district, Dien Bien province