They are part of the 63-km Mai Son-National Route 45 segment between the northern province of Ninh Binh and the central province of Thanh Hoa, and are 15 km, 6 km and 11 km long and publicly funded. The work is expected to be completed within two years.
They Mai Son-National Route 45 has a projected cost of VND12.11 trillion. Work on the remaining portions is expected to start soon.
In its first phase, the four-lane expressway will be 17 m wide before being widened later to six lanes and 32 m, when vehicles can travel at 120 km per hour.
Land acquisition for the project is 91 percent complete, and things are ready for construction, Deputy Minister of Transport Le Dinh Tho said.
Upon completion, the expressway will make travel between Ninh Binh and Thanh Hoa faster, ease traffic congestion and accidents on National Highway 1A and enable development of industrial and tourism areas there.
- Phan Thiet – Dau Giay Expressway Project starts construction
- Phan Thiet – Dau Giay Expressway Project sets to work
- Construction starts on North-South Expressway‚Äôs three component projects
- Construction starts on North-South Expressway‚s three component projects
- Ministry approves HCM City-Long Thanh expressway expansion
- Cost of HCMC-Moc Bai expressway rises by $129 mln
- Construction starts on North-South Expressway component projects
- Vietnam starts building 3 national expressway sub-projects worth US$1.6 billion
- $777 mln expressway proposed from southern province to Central Highlands