The preliminary statistics have just been announced by the General Department of Customs.In October, there were 60 enterprises exporting medical masks of all kinds with over 143 million units.
Export results in October increased slightly by 0.3% compared to the number of exports in September 2020.
Thus, from the beginning of the year to the end of October, Vietnamese businesses exported more than 1.13 billion medical masks of all kinds.
After the period of application of the license to export medical masks for the prevention and control of Covid-19 pandemic (according to Resolution 20 / NQ-CP dated February 28, 2020 of the Government), export activities ofhealth care sites havebeen restored to normal from May 2020 according to Resolution No. 60 / NQ-CP dated April 29, 2020 of the Government.
In May, the country exported more than 181 million medical masks and peaked in June with more than 236 million units.
However, in July and August, the export volume of medical masks decreased after Vietnam had the second wave of Covid-19 infection.
By Thai Binh/ Phuong Thao
- Vietnam exports nearly 900 million medical face masks in 8 months
- Vietnam sees sharp increases in export of rice and medical masks
- Vietnam exports over 1 billion medical face masks in 10 months
- Face mask exports maintain upward trend on low market demand
- Vietnam ships 30 million masks to North America
- Hundreds of thousands of medical masks given for free
- Refund tax for imported good and then exported
- South Korean company donates 10000 medical masks to Vietnamese workers
- COVID-19: Vietnam provides medical supplies to Myanmar