MEKONG DELTA — Vietnam Airlines has launched four new air routes from the Mekong Delta city of Cần Thơ to Hải Phòng, Vinh, Buon Ma Thuot, and Đa Lạt.
At a seminar held on June 22 to discuss how to promote domestic tourism, Dương Tấn Hiển, deputy chairman of the Cần Thơ People’s Committee, said the new routes are aimed at reviving tourism, which was hit by the COVID–19 pandemic.
They would also help attract investors to Cần Thơ and other places in the delta, he said.
Le Hồng Ha, deputy director of Vietnam Airlines, said the new routes are expected to raise the profile of Cần Thơ Airport and help develop the economy, especially the tourism industry, of all five cities.
Vietnam Airlines already flies from Cần Thơ to Ha Noi, Đa Nẵng and Con Đảo.
According to Cần Thơ authorities, the new routes offers travellers the opportunity to visit famous tourist sites including the Cai Răng Floating Market, Tram Chim National Park and flower villages.
They would also contribute to the growth of the tourism industries in the other four localities and the country’s tourism sector generally, they added. — VNS.
- Mekong Delta partners with Vietnam Airlines to promote tourism
- Vietnam Airlines launches three more domestic air routes
- Vietnam Airlines launch new domestic air routes
- Vietnam Airlines to open five new domestic routes next month
- Can Tho city cooperates with Vietnam Airlines to promote tourism
- Vietnam Airlines launches seven additional domestic air routes
- Vietnam aviation industry recovering ater COVID 19
- Vietnam Airlines increases flights on domestic routes
- Airlines, travel firms and hotels in Vietnam team-up to boost domestic tourism