HÀ NỘI — Nội Bài International Airport has reported full recovery of domestic flights compared to before the COVID-19 pandemic as travel demand is increasing following stimulus efforts by the Government and airlines.
The biggest transport hub in northern Việt Nam currently receives about 400-450 flights with more than 60,000 passengers every day on average, the majority of which are domestic flights.
Based on flight plans of airlines, the number of domestic flights between the end of June and July is anticipated to grow by 20 per cent compared to the same period last year.
According to a representative of the airport, the number of passengers increases sharply during weekends, resulting in several peak hours on certain days.
To meet the increasing demands, Nội Bài airport has carried out a range of measures, such as optimising its infrastructure and facilities, setting up more check-in counters, increasing support and guidance for passengers and adjusting traffic flows.
To ensure smooth flights and avoid overloading, passengers are advised to follow pandemic prevention guidelines and arrive at least two hours in advance for check-in, he said. — VNS.
- Noi Bai International Airport sees sharp passenger rise after pandemic
- Flight volumes at the Vietnam airport completely recovered
- Passenger flow at Hanoi airport surges as domestic tourism recovers
- Vietnam Airlines increases flights on domestic routes
- Domestic flights get close to full capacity
- Thailand disperses international travel restrictions starting from July 1
- Vietnam Airlines postpones shareholders’ meeting until July 16
- Domestic air travel surges in Vietnam
- Vietnam carriers chart return to pre-pandemic domestic schedule
- Lao Airlines to resume flights on Vientiane-Hanoi route