Vinamilk’s organic dairy cow farm. — Photo VNA
HÀ NỘI — Vinamilk, the largest dairy producer in Viet Nam, recently imported 500 dairy cows from the US and plans to buy an additional 1,100-1,200 cows in 2021 for its dairy cow farm in the central province of Quảng Ngãi to boost the domestic supply of raw milk.
Vinamilk splashed out some VNĐ700 billion (US$30.1 million) on the high-tech farm, which spans 100ha in Quảng Ngãi Province and is home to 4,000 milch cows.
The farm, Vinamilk’s second-largest, will be inaugurated in Đuc Hòa Commune, Mo Đuc District in March 2021.
Last year, Vinamilk inaugurated Viet Nam’s largest dairy cow farm in Tay Ninh Province. Invested at a total cost of more than VNĐ1.2 trillion, the farm covers 685ha in Long Khanh Commune, Bến Cầu District. With a herd of 8,000 cows, the farm provides 100,000 litres of fresh milk per day, equivalent to 40 million litres of milk annually.
Vinamilk recorded more than VNĐ45.27 trillion in revenue during January-September, up 7.4 per cent year-on-year. Its post-tax profit surged 7 per cent from the same time last year to VNĐ8.96 trillion.
In 2020, the firm hopes to gain VNĐ59.6 trillion in revenue and VNĐ10.69 trillion in post-tax profit, up 6 per cent and 1 per cent compared to the figures in 2019. — VNS
- Vinamilk to expand milch cow farms
- Vinamilk to invest another $41 mln in Laos subsidiary
- Vinamilk poured an additional $ 41 million into the dairy project in Laos
- Promoting dairy farming
- Vinamilk and GTNFoods to buy 39.2 million shares of Mộc Châu Milk
- Vietnamese milk producer initiates largest dairy cow project in Central Highlands
- TH Group rolls out largest dairy cow project in Central Highlands
- Vinamilk wins FMCG brand owner for 8th consecutive year
- Vinamilk has built a long-term strategy for Moc Chau Milk
- Moc Chau Milk to sell shares, raise capital