The event was attended by by H.E. Ms. Ann Måwe, Swedish Ambassador to Vietnam, Mr. Björn Savlid, Trade Commissioner of Sweden to Vietnam, and representatives from government bodies and enterprises actively involved in the supporting industries.
Addressing the event, Ambassador of Sweden to Vietnam Ann Måwe said “Vietnam is in a unique position to strengthen its authority as a leading alternative manufacturing choice. However, Vietnam is facing a bigger challenge – increasing the value as part of the global supply chain, rather than increasing merely the trade volume.”
At the workshop, world-class Swedish companies such as ABB, Atlas Copco, Ericsson, Hexagon, as well as leading Swedish financial guarantee providers SEK (Swedish Export Credit Corporation) and EKN (Swedish Export Credit Agency) discussed solutions to develop a sustainable supporting industry by increasing the competitiveness of the products, as well as advancing the efficiency of the production process.
Delegates discussed how Swedish enterprises can assist both in terms of technology and financing, so that Vietnam is best equipped to embrace Industry 4.0 and capture the opportunities that EVFTA and supply chain diversification will bring.
At the event, Vietnamese enterprises’ sharing their company’s visions and challenges in the age of supply chain diversification, inciting opportunities for collaboration.
Within the workshop’s framework, an exhibition is open to the public, focusing on showcasing ABB’s Powertrain and Hexagon’s metrology devices.
Sweden is considered one of the most sustainable and innovative countries in the world, ranked second in the Global Innovation Index. Swedish companies have a long history of providing world-class solutions to manufacturing and industrial applications./.
- Vietnam, Sweden discuss clean energy development
- Sweden, Vietnam share similarities and challenges in energy sector
- Event brings together supporting industries, foreign manufacturers in VN
- Fair seeks ways to help supporting industry firms join global supply chains
- Delegates applaud ASEAN’s special session on women’s empowerment
- Database of Vietnamese manufacturing and supporting industries launched
- Many solutions to support enterprises to join global supply chain
- Sweden bans Chinese firms Huawei and ZTE from 5G networks
- USAID supports Vietnam manufacturers in post-Covid19 supply chain realignment
- Database launched to boost links in manufacturing, supporting industries